Ceiling Fan Light Kit Install

I have a 20 year old "Casa Vieja" Casablanca ceiling fan installed with a Dimango remote control. The fan seems in good shape - no problems. I want to add a light kit, and I believe I have installed the light kit according to the directions. I've connected the light kit wires to the 2-single wires in the switch housing "white to white" and 'blue to black". The fan works but I cannot use the Dimago remote to turn on the light kit. See pics at
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/run_around/SwitchHousing.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/run_around/DimangoReceiver.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/run_around/CeilingFan1.jpg
I hope someone can 'Let There Be Light' in the New Year! Thanks, and Happy New Year. Sue
I'm not familiar with that particular Casablanca model, however, that receiver module in the canopy should have a wire that needs to be connected to the blue, or whatever color ultimately goes to the light kit. Do you know that it has been connected on that end?

I haven't been up in the canopy - no one to assist in holding things - and I'm concerned that if I take off the blades and lower the motor to access the canopy that I will never get it back up again! Both of the wires from the switch housing to the light kit are marked "light wire" as was noted in the instructions. Does that help you help me at all?

Those wires must be connected as well. That fan was designed to have two switches feeding it. one for fan and one for light, so there is three wires from the fan in the canopy. The dimango control is a retrofit. It needs 120 volts to operate, then has connections for the fan and the light in the canopy. My suspicion is that when it was installed, since there was no light at that time, the wires may not have been connected to feed a future light, and of course the only way to tell, is to access the canopy

I'm assuming you've done the basics. You know the bulbs are good and the pull chain switch on the fixture is in the"on" position

Yes, I believe I have covered the basics. And I'm guessing you are correct - the fan was never wired for a light kit! Oh well, I guess it's time to call an election........I hate when that happens. Thanks so much for your input! A table lamp might be a solution! Happy New Year, Sue

Try the pull chain before you call an electrican