Ceiling Fan install help needed

Hi,
I live in a 100 year old house. I have a question in regards to installing a ceiling fan, From my ceiling junction box I have black, white, and red wires. The install instructions say to connect the white wire to the white wire, the fan motor black/blue wires to the supply black wire. I am ok up to this point. It then says to connect the ground conductor to the green ground leads from the motor. Now I have a red wire coming out of the ceiling, and a green wire coming from the ceiling fan motor. Should I connect these two wires?
Thanks, Joe
Black/White/Red - sounds like you could have a 3-way switch in place. I would not not not connect the ground to that red without digging further !
Hopefully someone who knows more about this will respond.
Joe wrote:

Don't until you're sure what's on those wires.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

A red wire may indicate that this is used as a hot wire between two 3-way switches. Determine where the red wire is connected by exploring the wires under switch plates in the room. All green wires should be connected, plus connected to the junction box if the box is metal. Make sure all the circuits are OFF.