Ceiling Fan Decapititions

Every year about 6 billion people are decapitated by ceiling fans. Yet, the government and industries that are supposed to protect us do nothing about it. These same companies are the ones that ban smoking in bars, and have removed lead from paint. WTF.... People who eat paint DESERVE to die, and smokers choose to die. But what about these killer fans? People can and do accidentally get decapitated daily. Tall people have more risk than others, but everyone can, and may get their heads removed at any moment.
Why isn't something being done about this? All it takes is a simple cage type housing over the fan's blades, to prevent these unnecessary deaths. I think it's time for everyone who has lost a friend or relative due to ceiling fan decapitation to file a lawsuit against the companies that manufacture these killing devices. Either put them out of business, or FORCE them to make safe fans.
More people die from ceiling fans on a yearly basis, than people die from guns. Yet all we hear about is banning guns. How about banning ceiling fans until they can be made safe....
Ban The Fan !!!
On 4/17/2013 7:33 PM, snipped-for-privacy@banthefan.org wrote:

They're easier to spot, and they'll come to you. A basketball game is a good place to hone your craft.
snipped-for-privacy@banthefan.org;3048704 Wrote: > More people die from ceiling fans on a yearly basis, than people die > from guns.
I just heard an interesting statistic tonight on TV.
It's been about about 4 months since the shooting at Sandy Hook High School in Newtown, Conneticut took the lives of 20 children and 6 adults.
However, during those 4 months, over 3,400 Americans have been killed by gun violence throughout the rest of the United States! The number I saw was 3410 as of the evening of April 17th.
Admitedly, most of that is gangstas killing gangstas, but it makes Sandy Hook School look like a drop in the bucket.
--
nestork

On 4/18/2013 12:56 AM, nestork wrote:

How many have died on our highways or been killed by drunk drivers or texters? I thought it interesting that the loss of life and injuries in Boston is probably equal to one of those big highway pileups caused by fog or icy road conditions. Why is there no call to ban vehicles? o_O
TDD