Cat urine smell

Page 3 of 3
I'd call animal and pet stores. And the local humane society. There are also a couple cat related usenet groups. One used to be active, called "rec pets cats anecdotes" I think it was. I'm sure the active pet and cat groups can better answer your question. I'll copy them in, for you.
. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
We had a tenant move out of our rental property. He had one kitten for maybe the last 6 months of his occupancy. The basement totally reeks of cat piss.. we went over the basement with a black light to no avail. we saw maybe 1 or 2 suspicious areas. We mopped with Odoban twice. Sprayed Natures Miracle 3 times.. The smell is less than it was, but it is still there.. most of the basement is linoleum tile, and one small area is bare concrete. But, we can not find the definitive area(s) with the blacklight.. (Unlike the house we live in.. so it's not like we blind or something) There was urine soaked card board boxes when he left, but they have been removed out of the basement for weeks.
any ideas? I have bee thinking of not spraying the natures miracle but just pouring straight on the floor and scrubbing it in and covering with plastic to keep it working for a day..
I'd call animal and pet stores. And the local humane society. There are also a couple cat related usenet groups. One used to be active, called "rec pets cats anecdotes" I think it was. I'm sure the active pet and cat groups can better answer your question. I'll copy them in, for you.
. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org
Lets just say you were a real nuisance a while ago and say goodbye again. My family are mostly Mormons and you are quite a bad example.

Activated charcoal does a pretty good job of absorbing cat odors, if sprinkled on the affected areas. Note that it's much cheaper when labelled as filter medium for aquariums, than when labelled as odor remover -- but it's the same stuff.

.410 gauge

Too late for that, the cat and renter have already left. The 410 is a preventive to be used before, not after.
That sure will make his cellar stop stinking, right? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
wrote:

.410 gauge
On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 10:40:45 PM UTC-4, Chris wrote:

ybe the last 6 months of his occupancy. The basement totally reeks of cat p iss.. we went over the basement with a black light to no avail. we saw mayb e 1 or 2 suspicious areas. We mopped with Odoban twice. Sprayed Natures Mir acle 3 times.. The smell is less than it was, but it is still there.. most of the basement is linoleum tile, and one small area is bare concrete. But, we can not find the definitive area(s) with the blacklight.. (Unlike the h ouse we live in.. so it's not like we blind or something) There was urine s oaked card board boxes when he left, but they have been removed out of the basement for weeks. any ideas? I have bee thinking of not spraying the natu res miracle but just pouring straight on the floor and scrubbing it in and covering with plastic to keep it working for a day..
I'll cast a vote for the ozone generator. I've never seen anything remove odors like they do. It's sort of amazing. I diy'ed one using a neon sign power supply.

I would treat the floor with vinegar first. I was working on my trailer last year. I ran ozone on and off for couple of months. Helped just a little. After fixing leaks and drying interior walls, the smell remained. What I'd did after that had the biggest effect. I clear coated all exterior walls, made with board material. I used polyurethane floor coat on all woodgrain, and water based polyurethane on upper walls and ceilings.
I had even used chlorine dioxide emitters, that didn't help much. Not enough power. That's the other gas that gets rid of odors.
Greg
On 05/02/2013 02:21 PM, jamesgang wrote: [snip]

What did you use for the element?
Jon
i forget..It had a generic name like "pet urine removal" the bottle was green and white...
I just need to get this done.. the apartment needs to be rented..
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:34:15 PM UTC-4, Jon Danniken wrote:

A sheet of 6" by 12" glass with aluminum duct tape on both sides. Just cov er the glass on both side with a few strips of the aluminum tape layered le aving about an inch of glass clear all the way around. Use more tape to at tach the leads from the power supply. I put this in side a box with a coup le of those computer fans at one end to move air through the box. If you g et a variable electronic power supply you can adjust the ozone production.