Carrier Synergy 2000 - Is it obsolete?

McQuay has already taken "Enfinity"...

Reply to
PrecisionMechanical

The 38YDs are still available. They are 38YDBs now, but it's still the same thing. The one available now has a Bristol compressor in it. They are coming out with another one, maybe in the summer of 2006, with a Copeland compressor that has a higher SEER rating. Either way, you can get a 38YD now and in the future. It is the 38YCC and 38EYG that are being phased out.

Reply to
JoBob

The new Carrier book I have doesn't list ANY 38s. All of the new model numbers start with 24 or 25 (and I think they are ugly! Of course, it's only a B&W picture right now....)

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

They ARE changing all the model #s. Something to do with inventory, to reduce on the number of mis-shipments. For now, we are still ordering the 38YDBs as 38YDBs; they are still in stock. I am sure they will be changing the model number this year, but for now you can still get a

38YDB. And even after that, it will still be the dual-stage compressor, the same unit, maybe a different cab> > The 38YDs are still available. They are 38YDBs now, but it's still the
Reply to
JoBob

Yew all don't know what in THE hell you are talkin' about!!!

My middle name is Carrier!

No....wait a minute.......that's my blood donor card......

That's why they don't let me donate blood no more....

Reply to
Red Neckerson