Carrier for trash can, recyclables, etc.

Has anyone out there built, or have the plans for, a wheeled carrier that would accomodate a garbage can, 3-4 paper (grocery) bags of miscellaneous recyclable paper. maybe a few pieces of flattened cardboard boxes, etc? My thoughts are that something along these lines could be used to store the above materials in a garage, patio, carport, etc and then wheeled to the curb on garbage-pickup days. Materials could be plywood and 2X2's, Sched 40 PVC, tubular steel, etc. Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Norm Dion

Probably not worth reinventing the wheel. Every big-box store and garden center used to carry trash can carts of various sizes and prices. Maybe that has died out since more towns have gone to trash-hauler-provided wheeled mini-dumpsters. Do a Google for 'utility cart' and you should get plenty of hits. If cost is no object, any industrial supply house or catalog usually has a plethora of shop floor carts used for moving material around. (but I wouldn't want to leave anything that expensive sitting by the curb.) As expensive as quality wheels and welding supplies are, I'd probably just buy a wheeled trash can and a kid's wagon to hold the recycling bags (label it well so they know IT isn't trash.) If your town doesn't strictly control the format you set recyclables out in, you could buy a second can just for recyclables, and put the 3-arrow symbol on all 4 sides.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

|Has anyone out there built, or have the plans for, a wheeled carrier that |would accomodate a garbage can, 3-4 paper (grocery) bags of miscellaneous |recyclable paper. maybe a few pieces of flattened cardboard boxes, etc? |My thoughts are that something along these lines could be used to store the |above materials in a garage, patio, carport, etc and then wheeled to the |curb on garbage-pickup days. Materials could be plywood and 2X2's, Sched 40 |PVC, tubular steel, etc. |Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

We just bought one of those bug wagons that look like wire mesh. You can find them for about $50 if you shop. If you get theones that are just a platform, $30 at Homiers. Works great. I also use it to haul firewood to the back porch.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B