Carpet to tile saddle install

I'm on the home stretch of a bathroom remodel, but have never done anything with carpeting. The bathroom is tile and the threshold between the tile bathroom and the carpeted hallway is a stone saddle. How do put back the carpet so that it sits right up against the new saddle. The carpet as it is now is overlapping the saddle by 3-4", so it is not an issue as far as not having enough, just how to do it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Reply to
John Sheehy

Narrow crown staples or carpet tacks. Tuck the loose fibers down against the saddle. I've seen some people fold the carpet back under itself, but I never liked how that looked. Some people use a metal transition strip, but that's a kludge.

RicodJour

So i would put the tack strip about an 1-2" away from the saddle and then use staples or tacks to secure the remaining flap?

Reply to
John Sheehy

I don't use a tack strip when I'm using tacks or staples at a doorway. You can feel the tack strip through some carpeting. Separate the carpet fiber when you're installing the tacks/staples so you don't create a little crater.

RicodJour