carpet reducer and carpet tension

I'm installing a carpet reducer between a laminate floor and our carpet. Do I need to use a tack strip beneath the carpet or do anything else to keep it under tension or just cut it to length and place it beneath the reducer?
I am worried that my kids will pull it out or something. Thank you.
On 5 Jan 2007 20:54:01 -0800, C. Raniac wrote:

install a piece of tack strip and "kick" the carpet up to the strip, then tuck the carpet between the reducer and tack strip...