cant remove key from the lock ive just fitted

hi all
ive just fitted a lock to my front door however when i assemble the barrel to the chassis (via the revolving round pin thingy) I cant pull the key out.
if i pull the key out, i cant assemble the lock as the revolving pin wont twist into place. I wonder if someone can explain, as im sure its a very trivial thing....
help appreciated! thanks :)

You've got part of the assembly upside down somehow. Done it myself years past. If it seems hopeless, it just might be a faulty lock. Return it for a new one. And you did really, really, double check the instructions, didn't you?
Joe

Right at the key entry, push the small barrel in/hold there, and remove the key outward. Back off the lockset screws a few turns and try again.

Yep, look at this lockset longer:) Keep a note pad by the bed, it will come too you.

-- Oren
You twist it to the left, and push.
Don't you wish you'd supplied some more information, like brand and model of the lock?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Try the MIT Guide http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/mit-guide.html
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:58:41 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Ya mean like; "(via the revolving round pin thingy)" ?
I'm thinking latch bolt.
-- Oren
Yeah, and then do the shimmy. Just shimmy it a bit.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Roger Shoaf