Can you change the water level of a toilet?

Would like to increase the depth of the water in a toilet. Is this something that is normally adjustable? I have taken toilets off before but never really looked at them carefully.
Thanks
Dean
Only in the tank can you raise the water level, not the bowl. Tom
tom ( snipped-for-privacy@msn.com) said...

Well, if you were to install the toilet on a sloped floor....
:-)
--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
The water level in a second floor commode is higher than the water level of a first floor commode. :-)

Or put the toilet on a raised platform...
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The bowl? No.
The tank for a better flush? Yes, you adjust the float level. Chances are you can only get a half inch or so.
I meant the bowl, sorry for the confusion. I didn't think so, but you never know!
Thanks
Dean

Depth of water in the bowl is controlled by toilet design and height of the built-in trap. While you might be able to reduce the amount of water per flush with the old bricks in the tank trick (to still give high enough level for flush pressure, without as much volume). But reducing amount of water in the bowl requires a different toilet.
If both toilets are the same kind, it is possible that the one with the lower level has some sort of crack or leak in its trap, or the little hose off the the float control is not connected the same.