Can't turn off my ceiling fan

I have a Hunter-Douglas (Home Depot) ceiling fan in my office.
It has one of those chain "puller" switches to adjust the speed and to turn it on or off. As I was turning on the fan, the chain pulled out and now I can't turn the fan off because there is no other switch (that I know of) to turn it off.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sy
--
Please post and reply to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

shut off the breaker - remove, repair or replace fan switch or the whole fan.
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:33:29 -0500, "Nocturnal1"

That seems like much too simple an answer for such a complicated problem! LOL!
BB

Find the breaker that controls that circuit and turn it off.
Have a nice week...
Trent
NUDITY...birth control for folks over 50!