Can my neghbor's mail boxes overhang my property?

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 06:54:45 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Nah - there's nothing more important than being a completely self-obsessed butthead.
On 5 Nov 2004 19:10:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aaronj.com (Stu) wrote:

Move. You are way too obsessed with mailboxes for this to be that simple, something else ticks you off about the neighbor.
And yes, he can place them there, as long as USPS says they're located fine. In Florida, the right of way is public use though you're required to maintain it, unless local codes dictate otherwise. He can even park his cars on your lawn in the right of way.
Jeff
clipped

Shhhhhh......don't tell anyone :o)
Get over it. What else have you complained about to this neighbor? Did you gripe to the city when they put the speed limit sign in the CITY right of way in front of your house? How about that fire hydrant in the easement in front of your house is that legal? Get a life. What do you say about the airplanes that fly over "your" property are they in the wrong? I'll bet you are the most popular guy in the neighborhood. Muff

Painting your lights black is malicious trespass, and destruction of private property, the police issue citations for this.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in 3132.bay.webtv.net:

My neighbor has spotlights that shine in my bedroom. I was thinking of setting up something reflective so he can enjoy the big beaming shining up his eyes. If only he'd put in a yellow bulb it would be better. He's the type you can't say anything to or else he wants to fight about it. He's almost 90 years old.
TaskProperties wrote:

That's easily dealt wth. Ask him if he can keep his lights on more because of the security for your home, or something similar. Reverse psychology tends to work well with clowns like that.
Jeez.... Work at your leisure!
Hi Beachcomber,
Thanks for your reasoned response.
just wanted to lean about what the law is. I am curious about the facts.
If the right of way in front of your house is everyone's property, your neighbors could decide to place a row of mail boxes there. Your front yard would become a mail box farm. I don't think so.
BoyntonStu

You don't think so, but I know so. Down the road from me the mailboxes are in groups of eight or ten. I've seen places with even more. The post office decides where the boxes will be placed.