Can Lg Washer drain go up into the ceiling and over to sewer pipe ?

We have a new Lg Front loader washing machine...
The manual says the drain pump will work to a max of 8 feet.
I'm wondering if I could relocate my washer to where there is no drain pipe, then install plumbing in the basement ceiling over to a drain pipe.
In other words pump it up and over, rather than breaking up the basement floor to extend the drain.
Ray
Ray wrote:

If all else fails, they sell plastic collector boxes with built in pumps, that would do what you want. Essentially an above-the-floor sump pit. I've been planning to buy one for my basement to make the abandoned slop sink usable, and reduce the distance my washer has to pump uphill. (Floor drains and old washer standpipe to graywater drywell have failed, and would cost a fortune to fix. Washer is jammed into the collector for the septic tank, along with the drain lines for furnace and water softener.)
-- aem sends...
" >

I googled 'plastic collector boxes with built in pumps", but nothing came up.. Do you know what they are called, or where they can be bought ?
Ray wrote:

Here is one with a built-in box- I know there are others out there, because I found them on previous searches, but I can't remember the proper name for them either. 'Sink drain pump' produced some hits as well.
http://www.filterace.com/detail.aspx?ID 00
-- aem sends....
aemeijers wrote:

Here's another one: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId13498-48284-57339-LWS1&lpage=none
As much as I want to proceed with this project here, it isn't even in the top half of the list of stuff this place needs... :^(
-- aem sends...

whether it says a maximum head (height) of 8 feet or a maximum discharge hose length of 8 feet, washing machines pumps are not generally built to accomplish what you describe. in the newer 2000 era machines you may find the speed of the discharge water is greater than that of the top loader whirlpools of the 1970's, so snake out your drains and washtubs and standpipes if you are installing a new machine. see also siphoning concerns: http://fixitnow.com/wp/2004/08/27/appliance-repair-revelation-water-flows-into-the-washer-but-the-tub-never-fills-up /
mfrencher had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Can-Lg-Washer-drain-go-up-into-the-ceiling-and-over-to-sewer-395641-.htm :
Ray wrote:

Definitely go with the self contained tank/pump combo units. I like Zurn's units and Little Giant versions best. Key word search= sewage ejector pumps. If the install is bad you will 100% flood you below grade room. Must be a good high capacity sewer line you hook into!!
Try it. The manual says 8'. Your head will likely be less. Run a temp drain with a water hose up and over to the old drain. If it works fine. If it doesn't work then consult the rocket scientists.
LdB
Ray wrote:

Ray wrote:

I don't see any problem with that although most others don't like it. Not sure why?
If it was mine I'd do your plan but set the washer op on a 16" to 24" base. First it makes things easier on your back when you don't have to bend so low. Second, it doesn't push your drain pump to it's max rating.

I will probably try something like that.....
With the pumping systems being between $300 - $800 and still a lot of equipment to go wrong, it's either that, or break up the floor.