can I used NOS shingles in storage for 25 years?

I have two sheds that I am about to re-roof. I have had a roll of shingles and tar paper left over from a prior roofing job in one shed for over 25 years. They haven't been directly exposed to the elements other than whatever they'd normally get in a shed. Would I be able to use them for re-roofing one of the sheds? Thanks.

Reply to
Sam Seagate

I wouldnt, those materials arent expensive, unless you want to do the entire job twice

Reply to
bob haller

I'd be concerned they become brittle over the years. I'd see how flexible they are. For a shed I may try it, for the house, definitely not.

You may want to contact the manufacturer and ask if they have a recommended shelf life to be sure.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski