can I change single switch to combo switch

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Is there someplace where this proposed new code is posted online? I am curious as to what it all says, and whether it would apply to single pole switches or to all switches -- including 3-way switches, for example.

http://www.nfpa.org/aboutthecodes/AboutTheCodes.asp?DocNump
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks for posting the link. I'll check it out.
Do you happen to know where in the code the part about having a neutral at the switch is cited? I can search and try to find it, but if you know which section I should look at, that would help.

That will be in article 404.2(C) of the 2011 code.

Excellent. Thanks! I just read it. I think it also answers a question I had about 3-way switches. It looks like there is an exception for 3-way switches where the switch is wired as a switch loop.