Can asphalt be painted?

I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt. Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be the best thing to use? I'm in S. Florida.
Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖

When you say "redone", do you mean the old driveway will be ripped out and completely replaced with new material?
Add pictures here
✖

Ripped out and replaced.
Add pictures here
✖

Ripped out and replaced.
========== In that case, do what someone else suggested and get some ideas & proposals for concrete or other materials.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 25, 9:37 am, snipped-for-privacy@ymail.com wrote:

Every day you drive over roads with lane markers, right? So call your local highway department and ask them for the name/supplier of the marker paint that they use. If the maker has nothing but white or yellow, some full service paint stores will have dry pigment that could be added to the paint. May be a bit of trouble to get what you want, but none of your neighbors will have anything like it. Post the results here if you decide to try it.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖

...or Google Traffic Paint. You outta be able to get something out of the 5.1M hits.
Add pictures here
✖
I only got 1.3 million hits on Google with traffic paint, but if you put try "traffic paint" (in quotes) you get a better selection (only 56K!) with more specifics to actually painting traffic areas.

✖
A local town paints the line in the middle green for St. Patrick's day and it lasts nearly all year, so I'm betting there are other color options.
wrote:

Every day you drive over roads with lane markers, right? So call your local highway department and ask them for the name/supplier of the marker paint that they use. If the maker has nothing but white or yellow, some full service paint stores will have dry pigment that could be added to the paint. May be a bit of trouble to get what you want, but none of your neighbors will have anything like it. Post the results here if you decide to try it.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
On May 25, 10:37 am, snipped-for-privacy@ymail.com wrote:

For the cost and maintenance issues, stained and/or patterned concrete would probably be a better choice. Make some calls and let the prices do the talking.
You will get a "Huh?!" when you ask about painting an asphalt driveway.
✖

I think I just did... :)
Add pictures here
✖
On May 25, 10:37�am, snipped-for-privacy@ymail.com wrote:

Dark colors last longer......
cause theres more asphalt in it
white or opff white concrete will require little or no maintence
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@ymail.com wrote:

We have a crazy mayor who had the streets dept paint some of our city streets "red". Next, that idiot will have fuzzy dice hanging from traffic signals.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 25 May 2009 13:50:39 -0500, The Daring Dufas

run from grey through green, and red to black.
Also, you CAN get coloured aspha
Google asphacolor..
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

headache, and if there is any slope or a stop required, traction problems in cold and wet weather. (Though not as bad as with those peel-and-stick stripes some street departments use at intersections. Even my wimpy minivan chirps the tires coming off of those, in damp weather.)
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
✖

besides hot tires will destroy paint they sit on after long ride, just check peoples homes with painted garage floors
and slippery when wet yes.......
painting asphalt is a bad idea
Add pictures here
✖