California Wants to Control Your T'Stat

Page 2 of 2
I can't imagine WHY anyone would want to live there.

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

Better yet, take all HVAC units out of all radical dumbacrat envirowacko homes! Only about 10% of California homes will have AC! These numbskulls voted in a known sex offender as governor!

Sex offender? Who are you referring to?

Ahnold allegedly felt up a couple of starlets early on. None of which complained until after he was running. But since he was a Republican (as opposed to a conservative) he is pretty much guilty until proven innocent.

Well, complaining after someone's elected is pretty much the rule, right? Guys who don't get any pussy love to list all the people Bill Clinton has murdered. Heh. :-)
--
There are few things more amusing in the world of politics than watching
moderate Republicans charging to the right in pursuit of greater glory.

Of course with Clinton the problem was that he pretty much ALWAYS elected. The dude never did have a real job for any length to time (g).

well,we know the Clintons suck at law. BJ was disbarred (temporarily) for perjury,and Hillary obstructed the Whitewater law process. ("lost" files that miraculously reappeared later)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Kurt Ullman wrote:

That's not a sex offense. At most it's offensive sex. Almost any woman, starlet or no, would be thrilled to be groped by Arnold.
Look at Clinton. Of the thousands of women he's molested only a dozen or so have complained.

What a miracle that you chimed in. We were talking about fellas who get no pussy, and are jealous of anyone who does. So, they invent all sorts of stories, like "thousands of women he's molested".
Thanks for illustrating my point.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

You're welcome. Glad to be of assistance.
And I didn't invent the story; I saw it on the internet. If you can disprove it, I'd be willing to evaluate your claim.

No you didn't.

yes,if BJ Clinton does it,it's 'nothing','trivial',but if a Republican does it,it's a major character flaw disqualifying one from public service.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Dr. Hardcrab wrote in message ...

That's the least of the problems in CA.
Cheri

You obviously don't live there, that's why.

I think California is beautiful. Been there at least 10 times. But the laws they have there are reGOD-DAMNdiculous!!!
On Sat 12 Jan 2008 10:41:58a, Twayne told us...

The concept isn't exactly new. Back in NE Ohio where I used to live, it was common in all-electric communities to offer (not mandate) load balance controls that could/would allow outside remote control of power to certain devices within the home. That was most often the hot water heater, but could be applied to other high-usage appliances. For those who chose to use it, their power rate was lower than for those who did not.
--
Wayne Boatwright

That's what I remembered as well. I recently moved into a new house with 2 central air systems, so I was looking forward to taking advantage of such a deal. Imagine my surprise when I called the local electric company and found out their "deal":
If I'd agree to allow the a/c to be shut off up to 12 times a summer for up to 4 hours at a time, they'd pay me $25 at the end of the summer. No discount on the kwh rate paid.
Furthermore, a new fee of $1.75/month has been added to everyone's monthly bill to pay for this generous offer, making the net savings essentially zero for those who took advatage and raising everyone else's rates.
I passed.
On Sat 12 Jan 2008 09:20:41p, Rick Blaine told us...

OUCH!
--
Wayne Boatwright

Did commercial work in Wash DC and we had a call from a restaurant on Capital Hill with no A/C. Went there and found that it was the "load management" box keeping the unit from running. I told him he needed to have the power company take it off. "OH, NO! I get $250 off my electric bill each year!"
"O.K. How much money did you LOSE at lunch today when everyone that walked in turned around and walked out?"
<click, click>
"TAKE IT OFF! TAKE IT OFF!"
Told him he had to call the power company....