caliClothes Dryer Not Working Properly

I have an "Estate" Dryer. I think it is made by Whirlpool or one of the big companies. It is probably 15 - 20 years old. I would like to get a few more years out of it if I can.
I haven't had a chance to check it out much yet but thought I would try to get a few ideas on what to look for on the NG before I start.
It gets plenty of heat but no air movement. I thought there may be an obstruction in the vent and haven't really checked that yet because I pulled out the lent filter while it was running and got no air movement out of that opening either. That makes me think that the obstruction, if there is one, is inside the machine.
I did a quick search on google to try to find some information thinking I would find something about a pump or whatever blows the air through the dryer but did not see anything about that. The only suggestion I found about the problem I am having is a blocked vent.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks, David

I would open it up and find what is logicaly an obstruction of lint.

Take the exhaust hose off the back. Start the dryer and see if there is good air movement.
If not:
UNPLUG THE DRYER. It's 220. Exposed wiring when covers are removed.
If it's like basic dryers in the past 10 yrs, there's a panel on the lower back probably the entire width.
Remove that panel. The dryer exhaust hole leads to a fan that is under another cover. The fan is at the very bottom of the cover. That cover goes from the fan up to the lint chute (type where lint screen pulls from the top). To remove the fan/lint chute cover there are a few bolts like the ones on the panel cover and you have to remove the two screws from the top of the lint chute. You can see these two screws once the lint screen is removed.
Investigate from there.

Did that and found that the problem is in the vent pipe. Very strange. Rain water must have gotten past the outside vent cap and filled up the pipe just inside the crawl space where the pipe was lower than the outside vent before it went up into the laundry room. I am going to replace the whole vent system and do it right.
Thanks, David

You might find plastic hanger strap used for HVAC handy for this since it's wide, flat and strong. Nails or staples to lumber. I've seen it at the Borg as well.
http://www.actfs.com/CatalogProducts.asp?nProductsID 8