Cable System

------------------------------------- .::::::::.. ..::::::::. ::::::::::::: ::::::::::::: :::::::::::' .\ /. `::::::::::: `::::::::::_,__o o__,_::::::::::'
I have an older home so the cable has been changed over the years. I now have everything on cable (TV, Internet and Phone). I picked up a new Flat Screen TV and a Blue Ray DVD Player. I have the Extended Cable Package at this TV but not the others (basement & bedroom). With HDMI to the Flat Screen can I run Coax out of the back of the cable box and get Extended to the other TVs?
John -- I guess I didn't understand the pics for my signature.
------------------------------------- .::::::::.. ..::::::::. ::::::::::::: ::::::::::::: :::::::::::' .\ /. `::::::::::: `::::::::::_,__o o__,_::::::::::'
On 12/18/2010 2:21 PM, jonzboyz wrote:

I would imagine you could but you'll have to use the cable box to see the channels you want on remote sets.
Frank wrote:

There are remote control extenders available if that is an issue. Link here http://tinyurl.com/y9fg4tn to some examples on Amazon.
On 12/18/2010 3:48 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

That's interesting. Almost tempted to do it myself to bring it into my den which only has a dta box and cannot access full cable subscription. I think extra boxes are about $10/month but cable and internet are already costing me about as much as electricity.

This is extra interesting to someone who lives where there is no cable service for broadhand; so we connect to Internet via wireless broadband and telephone with a wire. There are also power outages (5 hours on Sunday night last weekend) so the wired phone keeps us in touch with the world (because it requires power only at the local central, not at the subscriber's house.)
How about cable phone? Does it require local power in order to work for your phone call?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On 12/18/2010 5:14 PM, Don Phillipson wrote:

http://www.calphoneinfo.ca.gov/CEI/070905_phonepower.htm

Our local cable service does not, but systems vary widely across the US.
Colbyt
Don Phillipson wrote:

Some do. Obviously you have to have electricity to power your router.
But.
With money you save in long distance, sales tax, Al Gore Tax, Spanish-American War tax, premium for touch-tone capability, optional features such as call-waiting, call forwarding, caller-id, three-way calling, voice mail, and all the other stuff, you'll save enough in short order to pay for a whole-house backup power system.
We use Vonage at our office. There is a single price of $24.95/month. Period. No taxes, fees, tariffs, capital improvement recapture fund, universal access fee, or anything else.
HeyBub wrote the following:

I have Magic Jack as a second phone. $19 a year. No other costs.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Colbyt wrote the following:

You get a free number from them with the service. You can get an area code inside or outside your area if they have it in their list of area codes. You can also get a 'vanity' number (if no one has that number in the area code you choose). i.e. 438-2455 = GET-BILL (not my real number!) Here's the FAQ page which should answer your questions. http://www.magicjack.com/faq /
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Colbyt wrote:

A telephone number DOES come with the service.
I don't know about whether you can choose your area code, but you probably can. You might choose a different area code for several reasons:
* All your relatives may live on Cape Cod while you live in Left Elbow, Oklahoma. If you choose a 508 area code, your relatives can call you toll-free.
* You're a computer nerd living in your parent's Little Rabbit, Wyoming basement. You choose area code 605 to make all your customers think you're headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
HeyBub wrote the following:

605 is not available in their list of area codes (neither is 310 - Beverly Hills ) California does have the most area codes available though.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY