bye bye

I find myself having to upgrade to Yosemite on my computer and that no longer supports MT_Newswatcher and I haven't found anything to replace it because I have neither the time nor the desire to learn a new one at this stage. So, afte rhangin around Usenet for around 25 years, I say so long. It has been fun. Be cool. Kurt
but what they conceal is vital.?
On 8/9/15 12:42 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Sorry to see you go.
FWIW, the Newsreader part of Mozilla's Thunderbird has worked quite well for me for years on my Mac mini w/Yosemite, watching about 25 NGs.
On 8/9/15 1:13 PM, Retired wrote:

+1 Works with my mini w/Yosemite, too. I never did learn to use it because it just works.
On 08/09/2015 03:47 PM, J Burns wrote:

I agree....Thunderbird works great for me.
On 8/9/2015 7:21 PM, philo wrote:

Me too.

I am not sure what Yosemite is (Apple?) but Agent is a pretty easy news reader if it will run on your machine. I suppose you could use ... gag... Google Groups.
Yes, OS-X
http://www.apple.com/osx/

Gag indeed. In addition to how clunky it is to use, you pretty much have to give them Javascript access to perhaps 20 different scripts/urls. Deja-Vu wasn't great but Google turned it into pure garbage. Google Groups makes Google Glass seem the greatest thing since electricity. And what really burns is that they KEEP making it worse. Even Zune MP3 software wasn't that bad. Did I say how much I dislike Google Groups? I don't block GG users (not sure why others do) and in fact I quite admire them for being willing to put up with that user-unfriendly POS.
We'll find Kurt a new newsreader - somewhere. He can't quit so easily. (-:
--
Bobby G.

Hate to see you go. It is getting sparse out here with sensible people How about trying Thunderbird? Free, easy to use.
On 08/09/2015 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote: ...

+1 (twice't)...

Sea Monkey has a newsgroup reading feature if it helps.

longer supports MT_Newswatcher and I haven't found anything to replace

Well, that sucks, you lazy SOB. Can't be bothered to learn something new to keep hanging with your buds? I always suspected you were a lazy Luddite with no sense of loyalty!!!

How many years have you been wearing your "bikini" sig line? I think it's warn out by now. Just wanted to let you know before you go. (-:
At least you've confirmed the old saying:
"The Upgrade giveth and the Upgrade taketh away."
Well, seriously I hope you can find a replacement reader that isn't too taxing. I know how you feel about not wanting to have to learn new stuff. It's been that way since DOS 1.13 and Cobol. As in why did the rename "FIND" into "SEARCH?"
Maybe one last "threat" will convince you to look harder. Since you're leaving I'll have to reactivate all the threads where I let you have the last word and claim all the last words for me! I think I have over 25 in the draft folder. The last being a lengthy rebuttal to defense of your counting abilities and your ambiguous use of the words "kind" and "type" when describing the contraceptives banned by the Hobby Lobby. There's also the issue of whether Hobby Lobby's incorrect classification of a contraceptive as an abortificant affects your or the Court's taxonomy.
Arguing with you can get strenuous for at times, as the Lampoon once said, "you are slipperier than an eel in a barrel of Vaseline." (-:
You should reconsider. The last thing this group needs is to lose yet another voice of sanity.
P.S. Speaking of Yosemite, they just found someone with the Plague!!! that they believe acquired it from rodents where they were camping.
--
Bobby G.

On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 4:13:58 PM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:

To manage the user's expectations. You can SEARCH, but there's no guarantee that you'll FIND.
Cindy Hamilton
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 09 Aug 2015 12:42:54 -0400, Kurt Ullman

I agree with everyone else. Hate to see you go. etc.
Maybe after you learn Yosemite you'll have the inclination to learn Thunderbird. I tried to use a web forum, but it took 10 times as much effort to do anything.
Bobby wrote:

I didn't know rodents called it camping.
On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 4:34:00 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:

I thought that rodents weren't allowed to camp at Yosemite as they were leaving too much garbage around. ==
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:19:26 -0700 (PDT), Roy

Maybe they have subrodents to eat their garbage.
On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 11:42:58 AM UTC-5, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Kurt, nice if you could stay, but if you do leave, please take E.D. Burka-Jerkagerkin with you. Thanks!
On 08/09/2015 09:42 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Ta ta for now