bullet hole in siding

Page 10 of 10
harry wrote:

If I were a vegetarian, I'd keep it confidential too.
harry wrote:

We're not cowardly; it's the Masia who are actually insane. The difference between a spear and a rifle is one only of degree. For the Masia to "hunt" with a spear is equivalent to taking a knife to a gun fight. Besides, I don't think the Masia actually EAT the lion - instead they are just idle pricks with time on their hands, pretty stupid, and think they are somehow great heroes.
I'm not a hunter. But until you've experienced the thrill of your fingers around a small, furry, neck, don't be so quick to dismiss the project.
harry wrote:

They couldn't sort out the pansy without a test?

Must've been the highlight of the trip. Amazing, lions have daily constitutional rights.

Punny. They renew those rights daily by eating bad gnus at night.
-- Bobby G.

You are absolutely correct in that there are two different types of hunters; those who do it out of necessity or because of a combination of frugality and an enjoyment of the sport, and those who do it primarily because they enjoy it and don't care about the CBA.
I personally think that both have equal right to hunt as they see fit, although obviously opinions vary.
nate
To the OP, have you considered returning fire?
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

On 11/7/2010 2:32 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

Don't you think children should be taught the difference between a toy and a real gun? Shouldn't children be taught not to touch firearms and to call an adult or authorities if they find a real gun in a gutter? Police often go to schools to show children what illegal drugs look like, why not do the same thing with guns? Folks have dangerous items under the kitchen sink that could harm or kill a child and children are taught not to mess with those. Kids are curious and will fool around with anything they see. I think all children should be taught at least not to touch firearms. I was a kid once, it's a wonder I survived.
TDD

A lot of good that's done.
Jim
On 11/7/2010 3:32 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

You think your kids told you about everything they played with when they were over at their friend's houses? Yeah, right. You teach kids about guns, for the same reason you teach them to look both ways when crossing the street, why not to stick metal things in outlets, and how to act around dogs they don't know. You can't be with them 24/7. Good, bad , or indifferent, guns are a part of our society, and some basic level of knowledge about them is nothing more than self-protection, even if you never do see or touch one.
--
aem sends...

It's odd how you can know things that you have no experience with whatsoever.
I will go as far as to say that the NRA has become somewhat shrill and over the top in recent years, but for as long as I can remember, they have never advocated anything other than *responsible* firearm ownership and use. The shrillness and over-the-topness might simply be a reaction to the increasingly large numbers of people who'd love nothing more than to take away a Constitutional right simply because *they* are afraid of firearms, never having been exposed to them or resposible use thereof. My grandfather was an avid hunter and NRA member for most of his life. If people like you had your way he would have had a much harder time feeding his family and would have also taken from him an activity that gave him much enjoyment over the years. Not to mention greatly increasing the risk of your hitting a deer with your car - they breed prolifically when their numbers aren't kept in check.
nate
Will the OP respond to the question about whether or not a police report was filed for firing into a structure (occupied at the time, or not), and if he has contacted his neighbor's insurance company, or if the insurance company has contacted him?
Steve

Heh.
I found out that at least two generations were gun friendly Democrats. I changed my political views, later. I never got beat with a belt over it. Different times an views, I guess.

Funny how Grandpas can explain things so clearly with just a few words.
Steve