bullet hole in siding

That sure helped Sharon Tate.

Reply to
krw

Freedom isn't free.

Reply to
krw

had a realtive who must of heard a noise got his gun in middle of night and accidently shot and killed himself. at age 12 i found the body he had been dead 6 days.

at least people with kids should get jail time for leaving a weapon with ammo where kids can get to it.......

far fewer kids would shoot others......

Reply to
hallerb

Problem?

Our gun manufacturers make a nice profit, enabling them to stay in business (or at least keep the price down). Wholesalers, gun stores, and others in the supply chain make a living. The guns end up in the hands of (recently) Mexican drug gangs who use them to kill each other.

Where's the bad?

Reply to
HeyBub

Smitty Two wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Why's that a problem? It's proper (and Important)to discuss this,so that others also learn from it. (it's called "addressing the source of the problem") It could save a life.

the boy should get the gun safety instruction REGARDLESS of whether he helps with the repairs. It's clear that he NEEDS it. (as does every child)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

and ill-informed. I doubt he can support that statement about most illegal weapons originating in the US. IIRC,the AK-47 is the world's most distributed firearm today.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

the MAYOR of a Japanese city was shot and killed,and Japan has very strict gun control. Tell THEM about "sensible and reasonable" or "live in a safe neighborhood". Of course,their Yakuza makes a -business- of gun-running.

EVERY nation onthe planet has gun crime and people getting shot,killed or simply robbed at gunpoint by armed criminals.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Giggle.

FBI's Uniform Crime Report shows a rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000 population. The UK comes in at 2,034 violent crimes per 100k population.

Here's a fairly recent article.

Still, whethere the UK is provably wicked is really irrelevant. If you build a matrix of gun laws - strict and lax - and homicides - many or few, there are four combinations. Countries can be found inhabiting each corner of the matrix. Both Jamaica and Mexico have strict gun laws and substantial gun homicides. The U.S. has lax gun laws and plenty of gun homicides. Japan has strict laws and virtually no gun deaths. Switzerland has lax laws and few gun homicides.

Guns and gun laws have little to nothing to do with gun deaths.

Reply to
HeyBub

the boy should get the gun safety instruction REGARDLESS of whether he helps with the repairs. It's clear that he NEEDS it. (as does every child)

-------

These last two suggestions you guys made make both of you good neighbours in my opinion.

Reply to
The Henchman

Come on harry. Dab some gun oil behind each ear, you'll have to fight the girls off. Try it.

Reply to
Oren

messagenews:ib5dnf$es9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

Some places gun ownership is mandatory -- sample.

"The town north of Atlanta had little prominence until it passed a gun ordinance in 1982 that required all heads of a household to own a firearm and ammunition."

"Kennesaw's law was a response to Morton Grove, Illinois, which had passed a gun ban earlier that year as a step to reduce crime."

Oren

Will be interesting to look at their "suicide by gun" and "accidental shooting" statistics.

Did you read the whole article?

"There also are posters praising defenders of the white race, White Power CDs and a sign that reads: "No Dogs Allowed, No Negroes, No Mexicans." Someone had crossed out the first part of the sign and added "Dogs Allowed.""

It's a tiny inbred shit hole.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

What you point out are artifacts in a local shop. Not something to indict an entire town about.

Reply to
Oren

"Every child" my ass. You sound like a shill for the NRA, or some kind of commie. None of my 7 kids had gun training. None of them ever handled a gun.. And none and my 7 kids ever shot up a neighbor's house. That's a gun-owner problem, not mine. How you gonna make me "train" my kids your way? Pull a gun on me?

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

How can you be sure about that?

Isn't that the American way?

This conversation reminds me of the time Homer got a gun and used it to turn the lights on (and off) and open his beer.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

It always gets wacky with guns and flags. A buddy at work bought and flew a flag for the first time after 9/11. Got stolen after 2 days. He used your exact words, "It's the American way." And he added, "At least the thief was a patriot,"

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

To the OP, have you considered returning fire?

Reply to
Larry W

Don't you think children should be taught the difference between a toy and a real gun? Shouldn't children be taught not to touch firearms and to call an adult or authorities if they find a real gun in a gutter? Police often go to schools to show children what illegal drugs look like, why not do the same thing with guns? Folks have dangerous items under the kitchen sink that could harm or kill a child and children are taught not to mess with those. Kids are curious and will fool around with anything they see. I think all children should be taught at least not to touch firearms. I was a kid once, it's a wonder I survived.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Vic Smith wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

the gun OWNER wasn't the one who fired the gun and put a bullet through a neighbor's house. (because he wasn't educated about guns and their handling.)

the uneducated KID was the problem. no different than a kid playing with matches and setting a fire that destroys property.

typical wrongful assumption of a hoplophobe. It sounds like you're a "progressive".

the "wackos" are the ones with attitudes like yours. Ill-informed and full of wild imaginings.

and you evidently don't know the difference between a vandal and a patriot.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

A lot of good that's done.

Jim