bullet hole in siding

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

what a load of crap. well-to-do neighborhoods also suffer home invasions. A 50yr old woman in the fancy Heathrow neighborhood of Seminole Co.,FL shot and killed a stalker who crashed thru her patio door,-after- she was shot twice by the stalker.

Can and SHOULD be taught. It might save their life.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"The Henchman" wrote in news:ib4vmo$7t7$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

NONSENSE,all of what you wrote. You expect elderly or small weak people to go hand-hand combat with bigger,stronger,or more numerous attackers? that might have weapons of their own,guns,knives,clubs.

these days,even good neighborhoods experience violent crimes.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"The Henchman" wrote in news:ib50bf$9kf$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

MORE nonsense; it was an unintended discharge by a minor. Police are not going to file manslaughter charges on a NINE year old.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"The Henchman" wrote in news:ib52s5$gg6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

as if criminals don't visit nice neighborhoods..... Or that people can always afford to move to low crime areas. What NONSENSE you spout.

you demonstrate ignorance.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Well-to-do?

How about "safe".

There are still areas that have very low crime rates. I live in one and I'm very middle-class.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

I know a guy who grew up in Alaska and the kids there carried all sorts of guns as they walked to school. When they got to school, their guns went into their lockers until the end of the school day when they retrieved their guns for the walk home. It had something to do with the local wildlife which considered schoolchildren to be a source of high quality protein. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Statistically you're more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder.

People that have unlocked firearms around children are fools.

Lock up the guns. Don't be stupid.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

Statistically, you're more likely to die at the hands of a physician or be killed in an automobile accident. Motor vehicle accidents account for

44.3% of the accidental deaths across the population and 0.8% are from the accidental discharge of firearms. Government stats posted on the site of an anti-gun rights person. Think before you type.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

We're talking about guns in the home.

Not cars. Are you for real?

Jim

Reply to
JimT

NO JIMMY! (booming god voice) I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION!

(echo, thunder and lightning effects)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

If you can't get to the backside of the hole, your stick and string sounds good. Using Latex gloves and construction adhesive sound better than glue. For a 3/8" or smaller nothing is really needed if it is that hard to get to. Quarter inch hardware cloth attached to the backside works as well as a board for larger holes. Just something for the filler to attach itself to.

Others will disagree but I would use Bondo, overfill and then sand until I had nothing left except a smooth surface and the outline of the hole. Repeat the process until the fill is perfect with the surrounding surface. Properly painted under an eave on a vertical surface it should last forever.

The Bins might be okay but I would use an oil based primer. I always use oil primer and latex topcoat because I have working with oil but it does stop the water where latex lets moisture through.

Reply to
Colbyt

For a single bullet hole, I'd just run a bolt with a big rubber washer through it. Hand something decorative from it if you are fussy. Alternative solution- that paintable sticky aluminum sheet they sell in the auto body repair aisle. Trim and apply carefully, and spot paint. Once it weathers a month, from the ground, you will have to look for it to find it.

We are only talking three-tenths of an inch or so, right?

(Of course, the 'temporary' naked luan plywood patches I screwed over the woodpecker holes in my wooden chimney stack are still there several years later, so what do I know?)

But I do second what all the other posters said about getting a police report on file, if you still can. If the kid turns out to be a recurring problem for the neighborhood, a paper trail helps. I don't remember- did you talk to the parents, and what did they say? The polite thing would have been for them to offer to pay for repairs.

Reply to
aemeijers

Wwooooossshhhh!

Clueless.

Reply to
krw

Just call him "NeedleDi..".

Reply to
krw

There are crimes even in areas that have very low crime rates.

Reply to
krw

You're a liar, too.

Reply to
krw

I knew a guy that grew up in New York City, who did the same, except he was on the shooting team. Imagine that today.

Reply to
krw

messagenews:ib5dnf$es9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

Yet a couple of million people a year do just that. Go figure.

Reply to
krw

When it happens to you it's time to ban swimming pools? ...or back decks (as happened to a former neighbor's kid)?

Reply to
krw

Particlularly when he has a gun...

Reply to