bullet hole in siding

Page 3 of 10
JimT wrote:

1. Squints, mopes, goblins, 'roided-up primates, and other assorted do-bads are not known for their intellectual acumen; they make mistakes. Often one of their mistakes results in them choosing the wrong house.
2. Children can be taught proper firearm handling, same as they can be taught not to play in the street or put toads down their little sister's dress. There are more than a few cases on record where a child wasted a slope that was bothering his parents.

I was brought up around guns. My father was a ex-marine and a state and city cop. I damn near shot my friend's head off in the 5th grade. Shit happens.
We teach our kids all types of crap but they are "kids".
Jim
On 11/6/2010 10:49 PM, JimT wrote:

I know a guy who grew up in Alaska and the kids there carried all sorts of guns as they walked to school. When they got to school, their guns went into their lockers until the end of the school day when they retrieved their guns for the walk home. It had something to do with the local wildlife which considered schoolchildren to be a source of high quality protein. 8-)
TDD

Statistically you're more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder.
People that have unlocked firearms around children are fools.
Lock up the guns. Don't be stupid.
Jim
On 11/7/2010 12:47 AM, JimT wrote:

Statistically, you're more likely to die at the hands of a physician or be killed in an automobile accident. Motor vehicle accidents account for 44.3% of the accidental deaths across the population and 0.8% are from the accidental discharge of firearms. Government stats posted on the site of an anti-gun rights person. Think before you type.
http://www.the-eggman.com/writings/death_stats.html
TDD

We're talking about guns in the home.
Not cars. Are you for real?
Jim
On 11/7/2010 1:16 AM, JimT wrote:

NO JIMMY! (booming god voice) I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION!
(echo, thunder and lightning effects)
TDD
message

Yet a couple of million people a year do just that. Go figure.
On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 10:03:22 -0600, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

message
Some places gun ownership is mandatory -- sample.
"The town north of Atlanta had little prominence until it passed a gun ordinance in 1982 that required all heads of a household to own a firearm and ammunition."
"Kennesaw's law was a response to Morton Grove, Illinois, which had passed a gun ban earlier that year as a step to reduce crime."
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1719257620070418

Will be interesting to look at their "suicide by gun" and "accidental shooting" statistics.
Did you read the whole article?
"There also are posters praising defenders of the white race, White Power CDs and a sign that reads: "No Dogs Allowed, No Negroes, No Mexicans." Someone had crossed out the first part of the sign and added "Dogs Allowed.""
It's a tiny inbred shit hole.
Jim

What you point out are artifacts in a local shop. Not something to indict an entire town about.

You would be put in jail in the UK for putting up such a poster or having one in your shop window.
= There are quite a few backward shit holes in the US.
Jim
On 11/8/2010 1:47 AM, JimT wrote:

Those holes belong to and are full of Liberal Democrats. 8-)
TDD

Harry, where did you read from the link (above), the poster was in the window? Educated by the Queen or something?
I've visited plenty of antique shops that have collections of Negro art from very different times. The biggest collectors are descendents of slaves. The art goes for large sums of money.
'Course, as you say, in the UK you don't care if blacks shoot blacks. How did you say it: "I'm white"?
On 11/8/2010 7:46 PM, Oren wrote:

I care about Blacks shooting Blacks, they're my neighbors and we look out for each other. I suppose that's unexpected of a White Southerner if you got your impression of the South from watching Hollywood movies and those Damn Yankee news networks. 8-)
TDD
JimT wrote:

It is true that most shootings involve someone known to the victim. Almost always the person "known" to the victim is a member of a rival gang, a drug-crazed common-law spouse, a hip-hop star in a bar, or similar.
That said, your statement "you're more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder" is demonstrably wrong. My family members are not members of a rival gang or 'roided up primates.
Guns are like fire extinguishers and children should be taught to operate them properly.

I donno. Like I said I was raised around guns but I almost shot my friend's head off in the 5th grade. Kids are kids. They make mistakes. Guns need to be kept away from children. Just like we don't let kids drive cars.
Jim

agreed kids shouldnt have unsupervised access to firearms.
if they somehow do the gun owner needs jail time.
which will help prevent future shootings
harry wrote:

I assume that assertion is based on your life experiences. If so, you've never met any normally intelligent people.
That said, I hope you'll entertain a modest correction: It's "jell" not "gell."
I'm not trying to be pedantic here, it's just that folks with normal intelligence try whenever possible to uplift the benighted masses. The White Man's Burden, so to speak.
wrote Re Re: bullet hole in siding:

Well put.