bullet hole in siding

Page 2 of 10

Wwooooossshhhh!
Clueless.

and ill-informed. I doubt he can support that statement about most illegal weapons originating in the US. IIRC,the AK-47 is the world's most distributed firearm today.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
harry wrote:

Problem?
Our gun manufacturers make a nice profit, enabling them to stay in business (or at least keep the price down). Wholesalers, gun stores, and others in the supply chain make a living. The guns end up in the hands of (recently) Mexican drug gangs who use them to kill each other.
Where's the bad?

Yes, no, maybe.
anyone who owns a firearm should have a trigger lock or in a gun safe at all times, unless its in the active possesion of the owner.
just passing a law 5 years in the slammer for having a unsecured weapon would save many lives

Yeah, a trigger lock or a gun in the safe will do a *lot* of good during a home invasion. ...almost as much good as the police.

If you're protecting your home with a firearm you're in the wrong neighborhood.
Unlocked guns have no place around children.
Jim

Too late.

That wasn't the point. In any case, Children can be taught better.

http://i.ehow.com/images/a04/kj/5b/draw-maggie-simpson-gun-200X200.jpg
:-)
Jim

what a load of crap. well-to-do neighborhoods also suffer home invasions. A 50yr old woman in the fancy Heathrow neighborhood of Seminole Co.,FL shot and killed a stalker who crashed thru her patio door,-after- she was shot twice by the stalker.

Can and SHOULD be taught. It might save their life.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Well-to-do?
How about "safe".
There are still areas that have very low crime rates. I live in one and I'm very middle-class.
Jim

There are crimes even in areas that have very low crime rates.

You're a liar, too.

You've never seen a gun so they couldn't possibly exist, right? I've never seen an illegal gun in the US, either, but I'm quite sure they're all about. I didn't say you lied about having seen a gun, BTW. You should take a remedial reading course.

None of my friends...
I see you're up to your usual standards for an argument.

<hands over eyes>

More clueless arguments.

No one has *ever* been killed with a gun in the UK. Ever. Right?

...and no one has ever said Europeons were racist, either.

Clueless.
Sure you do. That's why you're here showing the world how stupid you are.

Maybe over exaggerating but there is some truth. If I was in another country I'd be very puzzled by our foreign policy. Particularly after Vietnam and Iraq. Actually, many Americans are also.
Should we shoot them? <g>
Jim
JimT wrote:

As a practical matter, no.
Some ancient wag once observed: "The penis is mightier than the sword," by which he meant they can breed faster than you can kill them.
But on the other hand, most "fun" things are not really practical anyway...

I see. On Usenet you're honest.
Jim

You have certainly made a lot of mistakes. The first rule is never to give the ragh... <snip>
=== My rule is to never use that term. Another is not to lump a group of people into a category based on an article I read.
Jim
harry wrote:

Giggle.
FBI's Uniform Crime Report shows a rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000 population. The UK comes in at 2,034 violent crimes per 100k population.
Here's a fairly recent article. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html
Still, whethere the UK is provably wicked is really irrelevant. If you build a matrix of gun laws - strict and lax - and homicides - many or few, there are four combinations. Countries can be found inhabiting each corner of the matrix. Both Jamaica and Mexico have strict gun laws and substantial gun homicides. The U.S. has lax gun laws and plenty of gun homicides. Japan has strict laws and virtually no gun deaths. Switzerland has lax laws and few gun homicides.
Guns and gun laws have little to nothing to do with gun deaths.

So some squint decides to leave LA, drive to Vegas, conduct a home invasion, maybe I should move? Don't think so!

Absolutely wrong. Children can be trained just like I was.