broken piston rod

od (13200-Z0A-801). I found ones on the internet, but they go for $60, whic h is a lot for this. Does anyone have an idea of how close are the toleran ces for other onces that I might find? If I go to a junk auto yard, do I h ave a reasonable chance of finding one in a car with the same dimensions, o r do cars use much bigger ones? If I look around for lawn mowers, with a H onda engine, how much of a chance is there that I'd find one which fits, or are they really propriatary with custom dimensions.

. Electricity is the future.

I like to laugh at stupid Britts who think that we use riding lawn mowers to mow a 100 sq meter lawn. Try mowing an acre or two with an electric and see how it goes. And how long the expensive batteries in in last compared to a gas engine.

Reply to
trader_4

Large "garden" is what, 1000 sq meters? Try using that extension cord on an acre or two and see how it goes. BTW, this is a riding mower we're talking about. You see riding electric mowers with power cords dragging behind much?

Reply to
trader_4

An acre? 63m by 63m? I have a standard extension reel here that's 50m. I'm sure I could get a longer one or use two. No batteries needed.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

If you have a couple of acres, that's a field, why not put cattle on it or a horse?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Except to be legal here it would also need to have a green wire in it.

Reply to
clare

No, because we're not big fat yanks that like to sit down to do everything. You want fries with that?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

A horse would starve on one of the 5 acre McMansions around here without supplemental feed.

Reply to
rbowman

100 acres. 95 under cultivation (plus another 100 acres a few miles away), 2 barns, a driving shed and house in the other 5 acres, plus the "lane" or "driveway" - with manicured lawnsaround the building, and beside the lane out to the road.. Used to run 40+ dairy cattle plus another20+ young cattle but the folks have retired from farming. Their daughter and her husband are leaving the military and moving "home" to take over the farm, so there will be about 1300 square feet less grass when the"garden suite" (second home) is planted for the old folks. Lots of very beautifull flower gardens, trees and shrubs as well (they are very active in the local horticultural society)
Reply to
clare

If you're serious about this, you're wasting your time. Once you blow a rod on a small engine, that engine is trash. Either buy a new engine, or a short block and replace the top parts yourself. Yes, a professional engine shop might be able to salvage what you have, but it will be very costly and they are not going to repair the block, they will just replace it, probably replace the crankshaft, as well as the piston, rod, and so on. By the time they are done, it will likely cost more than a short block or new engine. That old block is nothing more than scrap metal to be melted down into something new. Send it to a recycle center. You may even get a few bucks for it.

Of course the easiest solution is to send the whole mower to a recycling place and just buy a new lawn mower.....

Reply to
Paintedcow

trader_4 posted for all of us...

No worries this sod would soon have the cord wrapped around his neck or run over the cord with exciting results. Either way problem solved.

T4 don't feed this troll...

Reply to
Tekkie®

At no time in the past have we needed your help.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Funny, horse handbooks say 1 acre minimum grazing per horse.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Snob :-P

Reply to
James Wilkinson

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 21:04:06 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

e is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there= are also powerful models available."

You need to refer to a previous thread I was in, where *I* was the only = one that knew how to cut a lawn without the cord ever being in the way o= f the next pass.

Where "troll" =3D someone with a different opinion to yours. Grow up.

-- =

A friend will help you move house, a good friend will help you move a bo= dy.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Boy - the best asvice I've ever seen from our coloufull Bovine Friend!!! Got it right dead on.

Reply to
clare

A 2 year old is equivalent to 1 AUM, a mature horse 1.25. Depending on the soil type, on a normal year around here you might get .25 AUM/acre for native range, a little more for irrigated land. Of course, you would want to divide your land into rotational plots to assure a feed supply throughout the growing season but you're not going to be making hay from any of them. During the winter months you'll need to feed out about 25 pounds of hay per day, more when the temperatures head towards 0F. Say 4 months or 120 days, you'll be feeding a ton and a half of hay that you'll have to buy. Good years you might pay $100/ton. bad years it might be twice that.

Of course on 5 acres you'll also be in the waste management business. That 25 pounds of forage turns into 25 pounds of horseshit which will turn your pasture sour if you just leave it lie.

The driest parts of the UK get about twice as much rain as we get on a good year. Irrigate heavily, choose grass species to plant wisely, have good soil, and the 5 acre horse may not be too boney.

Reply to
rbowman

Every now and then the blind cow finds an acorn. Or something.

Reply to
rbowman

I knew a dolly bird who used to give me 'fat yanks' to my piston rod. She had such a cute accent also... I could only imagine you sound exactly like her when you talk!

Reply to
M.A. Stewart

We seem to have one in Scotland:

James Wilkinson

Maybe the truck could pick up Danny's fridge on the way?

Reply to
trader_4