Brita Or Pur Brand Best For Kitchen Faucet Water Filter ?

Hello:
Water at our new place is pretty poor, and have decided to purchase one of those spigot mounted filters for the kitchen faucet.
Guess there are 2 primary brands: Pur, and Brita
Anyone have any opinions regarding which is more effective, filter replacement costs, construction quality, etc. ?
Thanks, Bob
Robert11 wrote:

Can't give you an opinion on the Pur; but I've used the Brita, and it did the job for me, and the cartridges were easy to change, and comparable or less, in cost to replace. bj

You can get, cheaper, more convenient results with an undersink filter for the cold water line. I like the InstaPure IR10 cartridges as they take out any sediment as well as rust and last 4 or 5 months.

out
What's less expensive, filter-wise, filtering only the water you 'need' or filtering all the cold water out of the tap?

I don't know for sure, but I spend $30 a year and never worry about putting the filter in the right position. Those cartridges for the smaller units are not very cheap.

--------------- If Ed's install is similar to mine (OmniFilter), there's a separate spout mounted on the sink deck for filtered water. Only the water I want to filter gets filtered. I go through 2 filter changes a year, which costs about 45.00 and is VERY good filtration.

I had a Culligan in my previous apartment and it worked fine. I liked the feature of being able to filter or not filter the water by turning the switch. The LED display gave an indication of the state of the filter.