Bringing Horsepower to th

RS> Some time ago I installed an empty plastic 4" sewer pipe under my RS> walkway to my front door so I could run an extension cord under the RS> walk to get power out to my tree for Christmas lights. I put it in a
Great ingenuity!
RS> My next job, install 2 3-way switched in the front room, replacing one RS> single switch. I didn't have as much luck there, but have not given RS> up.
Not having luck with finding switches or running the wire or what? Might be easier all around to replace the switch with a X-10 switch (they are available to replace the switch and/or outlet, not just plug-in devices).
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* If you were dyslexic and cross-eyed, could you see ok?
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

It was just more complex wiring job than I anticipated, room had no built in lights, just one plug controlled by a switch. I hardwired the plug to always on. Took power into the switchbox, put in 3 way switch, ran jumpers over to other side of room, took power from between two switches to 5 recessed lights, then of course, the 3 way dimmer switch on the other side. It just got a little confusing, blew a few breakers when I didn't have it right, but finally got it sorted out last night, even did it to code, putting all connections inside junction boxes.
FWIW: The actual recessed lighting installation was very simple, I recomend anyone considering it give it a go, especially if you already have power up in the ceiling.