Brick Info

Is there some chemical that can be put on brick that will protect it and then be washed off later? Something that will not penetrate the brick and be permanent?

and
There are clear coats that can be applied that you will never know are there. Mostly sold for porous bricks to prevent moisture transfer.
I can't recall any brand names but it will be sold where bricks are sold.
Colbyt
I don't think there is a coating that is pemranent, does not penetrate, and can be washed off. Those are qualities that are in opposition in most cases. You could try the BIA web site. TB
www.bia.org

The concept of something that is permanent and can be washed off intrigues me.
Bob
not penetrate,

Bob wrote:

A kiss, given to a five-year old boy by a great aunt.
HeyBub wrote:

Very True
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
W. Wells wrote:

What are you trying to protect it from and for how long under what conditions?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Yes, these products are well known based on polyethylene emulsions and are used as anti-grafiti coatings. Often a high pressure hose has to be used to remove the coating (and the graffiti with it). Boris Sprat

protect the brick from what? In the absence of a response, I recommend plywood.
Goedjn wrote:

Or maybe 16 in steel plate? :-)
--
Joseph Meehan