Brick chimney resurfacing

Is it possible to apply brick veneer to a brick chimney on the side of a house? We would like to cover the red brick with grey brick veneer to match our grey siding?

Reply to
dba56

Possible? Yes. Economical? Maybe not. Talk to a masonry contractor to assess what is involved. You may need a veneer footing or support, and a lot of anchors installed for the new brick. Will the added proportions of the modified chimney look right with the house? Consider painting the current brick as well, get an estimate. Compare both and decide what you like best. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe