brand of sticky back zip tie mounting blocks?

Anyone recommend one that actually works?
I ran some wires for surround sound in the basement (rented place) and owne r didn't want me taking down the paneling. So I used sticky backs, but the y've all failed and now the wires are dangling and looking all ghetto. Pro blem is the sticky part is sticking to the paneling but not the plastic of the sticky back itself! When they started coming down I got some 3M double stick tape and wiped the surfaces with alcohol, that also sticks to the pa neling but the plastic block falls off of that too.
So I guess I need to find a different product and start over. What is the "real stuff?" The ones that are falling down are probably G-B as I'm assum ing I got them at Lowe's.
thanks
nate

An obnoxious term. Screw you and your problems.
snipped-for-privacy@bubba.com wrote:

If you're that sensitive about living in the ghetto , you should take advantage of one of the training programs that are reserved for ghetto blacks and then get an affirmative action job . You'll be very surprised at how much better it feels to actually earn a paycheck instead of rollin' in to the bank in your Caddy with the 24" spinners to cash your welfare check . Or maybe not , you might be one of those 3rd gen welfare clients that'd rather sell his/her food stamps to buy crack ... But what do I know , I'm just a po white boy that can't find a job because of the color of my skin . Not that I've lived in a black neighborhood for the last 25 years or anything ... and watched the circus that we've created . More bread ! More Circuses !
--
Snag
Yes , I know
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:30:51 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@bubba.com wrote:

My friend has a shop in the ghetto. His employees, who live in said ghetto, are far less sensitive than you.
nate

How do you know? How does he know?
People put up with a lot of crap when they need a job.
And Coombs, why do you think I'm poor? I'm not. I just know piggishness when I see it, and I see it in you.
snipped-for-privacy@bubba.com wrote:

I never said you're poor . And define "piggishness" to me . We live a very simple lifestyle out here in the woods , the wife has a p/t job <because she got racist-ed out of a good teaching job> and I run a small machine shop <because I got laid off when the economy crashed> . But we DO own a home in Memphis , and it IS in a ghetto <wasn't ghetto when we bought it ...>, and we are VERY familiar with the ghetto lifestyle . Ever lived across the street from a crack dealer ? We did . Any shootings on your street ? Not just an ineffective drive-by , I'm talking assault rifles and babies getting killed . Happened on ours . So don't preach to me about "ghetto" .
--
Snag

On 1/30/2014 7:40 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

All you have to do is mention Memphis, and those in the know will think White and Southaven. :)

Also, it IS possible that his employees know him long enough to trust him, know that he's a good guy, and are willing to joke around with him. Trust that would have taken months or years to build, at least with the first employee.
His possible good relations with them does nothing good for you. We have no idea if you're a practicing racist or not, except what we see in your text and what you wrote was obnoxious and, I'm sure, racist.

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:11:55 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@bubba.com wrote:

d owner didn't want me taking down the paneling. So I used sticky backs, b ut they've all failed and now the wires are dangling and looking all ghetto .

tto, are far less sensitive than you.

Oh balls. We all like and respect each other, they know it's a shit neighb orhood, I know it's a shit neighborhood, we give each other shit and it's a ll good, we're (well, they are, I am when I'm there) there just to hopefull y provide good service at a fair price to the people who choose to bring th eir busted cars in to be fixed. Now they can call me a redneck honky mofo, but I'd be offended if someone else did...
nate

You've switched who "we" refers to. I meant the people reading this ng and you are talking about the people you know where you live or work or somewhere. Try reading my previous 3 lines to mean the people on this ng.

It might all be true that the people you know in RL trust you and that they wouldn't have been offended to read that first post, but no one on this ng but you knows that. To the rest of those reading, you came off as a snarky racist and you encouraged any others who are snarky or racist to do the same thing, here and elsewhere. Coombs might be one of them.
And Coombs, the same thing goes for you.
On 1/29/2014 11:55 AM, N8N wrote:

I have had the best success with the panduit brand. If you can get it to stick, it will stay together. Not cheap!
Example: Panduit ABM2S-A-C14
There are different sizes. If possible, use a heat gun to preheat the surface a bit before application. Sort of hard with paneling, but maybe, with gloves, you may heat the mount itself. Just enough heat to start to make the adhesive start to get soft, almost gooey.
As you know, a clean surface is required.
N8N wrote:

You might try a spray adhesive. 3M, Loctite, Elmers, Weldwood, and others sell it.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Have you checked out the 3M Command Strips display at any home center, Walmart, Staples, etc?
http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Products/Catalog/
They have all sorts of hooks and Velcro straps and even an assortment of Cord Clips.
http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Products/Catalog/?NU84719+5924736+3294529207&rt=r3
The adhesive is removable with a pull of a tab on the adhesive strip. Clean the area as instructed and you should be good to go. I used little mini hooks to hang Christmas light strings on my living room wall. Next year I'll buy the replacement adhesive strips and re-use the hooks.
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:47:40 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Now that I might try, didn't think of that. All depends on whether they'll stick to the plastic of the existing (less than sticky) backs.
nate

The self adhesive mounts are pretty bad. After experiencing many failures I decided to remove the tape from the mounts, scuff the mounts with sandpaper then use a higher temperature, industrial, hot melt glue designed to work with plastic and porous surfaces. It is a pain in the ass, but I could suspend my mother-in-law from one of these things, at least until the wife finds out........

In your OP you said you were willing to "start over". I don't know if I would spend money on replacement Command strips only to find that they don't work with the existing cable tie holders.
Under the second link above you'll see that 3m makes cord clips of various sizes. Why not buy the correct size for your speaker wires and not try to mix and match one company's adhesive with another company's mounts?
If you are set on reusing your mounts, then you might want to look at the picture hanger strips instead. They are basically adhesive backed hook and loop strips, with one part designated for the wall and the other part designated for whatever you are hanging. I have hung framed posters with them and never had either the wall side or frame side let go.
They are great for dorm rooms and apartments since they don't damage the paint - as long as you remove them properly by pulling the tab in a straight line along the same plane as the mounting surface (e.g. a wall) and don't pull the tab _away_ from the wall. You need to stretch the adhesive strip to get the adhesive to let go cleanly.