Brand New Cub Cadet -- Lasted For One Minute

thought of loose elect connection?

Reply to
maurie

most new mowers come with NO OIL. Major damage did you fill it up BEFORE STARTING?

Reply to
hallerb

No.

Dipstick is right up to the full mark with clean-looking oil.

Been using Cub Cadet garden tractors for 30 years.

Never used any other tractor.

They were always set-up and prepped by the dealer.

Reply to
Jack

It's the new stuff that needs troubleshooting and re-engineering. If you want it to run reliably buy used ;)

** Posted from
**
Reply to
nick hull

You have to post what happened after the dealer repairs your tractor. I would love to know what the problem is. I'm used to working on equipment that I've never seen before and knowing when to call the factory rep or tech support is a skill everyone needs to develop. If you understand the principles of how things work, you have a better chance of repairing something. I really wish the education system here in The US would spend as much money on the sciences as it does football.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

OK, the guy who picked it up diagnosed a "bad battery cell."

He said that charging would not improve the situation. He took the unit away to replace the battery and to have the techs examine the entire charging system.

I agree with you 1000%. I am totally clueless when it comes to mechanical knowledge, having gone to a Catholic elementary and high school that provided no type of training in skilled blue collar disciplines. Ditto college.

Reply to
Jack

You can get a new battery with a bad cell, anything can break. Quality control is much better than it used to be and even if a product passes a factory test, something can always break in transit or to some odd anomaly in the material composing it.

I always explain to people that I have no fear of terrorists because as a small boy, I had Irish nuns for teachers. I do have an inexplicable fear of albino penguins for some reason. We did have science classes in school back in the 50's and 60's. It doesn't have to be at the same level as MIT graduate school but teaching kids simple concepts of how the world around them functions is priceless. Children are desperate for information and can readily soak it up. I was lucky in a way to escape the Catholic parochial gulag in the fourth grade and wind up in the government run schools but the quality of education was lacking. At least the flogging and dismemberment stopped.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Elementary school days were in the 50s and, in the 8th grade at least, included a gen. science course but the concepts of which you contemplate were missing, unless I was asleep.

But boy oh boy, they drilled the hell out of us in the art of diagramming sentences.

Reply to
Jack

Yea, the nuns wanted you to have the ability to clearly communicate your anguish.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas