Brand New Cub Cadet -- Lasted For One Minute

Page 2 of 2
Jack wrote:

Yea, the nuns wanted you to have the ability to clearly communicate your anguish.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖

But if by some fluke bad luck, while he is jump starting their problem the positive hits the frame (cat comes running through yard with dog on it's ass. Cat flys over mower. Goofy clumsy dog follows causing hot to ground.), this brand new machine is trashed even further. And you KNOW that EVERYTHING that is wrong and ever was will be becuse the customer shorted the electrical system.
Brand new machine. He shouldn't have to be messing with it and he should not be messing with it.
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 31, 11:57 am, Windswept@Home (Jack) wrote:

Just try charging the battery and see, if all is well just get a replacement battery since low charge sulfates them, why waste the time on a return with another weak battery. 13.8v is what you should charge it to.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:38:30 -0700 (PDT), ransley

If it's another weak battery -- assuming that the problem is a battery -- then they'll have to pick it up again until they make it right.
Goddamnit, this is literally a brand new machine, delivered yesterday, and for $4,300 I want it to function like a brand new machine. I don't want to have to do troubleshooting on something brand new.
Fortunately, mowing season is over so there's no need to rush.
Add pictures here
✖
Jack wrote: ...

So, by next spring the battery will be discharged anyway...
✖

Not necessarily. With a good full charge before putting it to sleep, maybe, maybe not.
If so, I'll charge it then
The point is that when you buy something brand new, you'd like it delivered in tip-top shape and working. They may find that it's soemthing more serious than the battery, liek a defective starter that crapped-out.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:05:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.home (Jack) wrote:

Amen to that, unfortunetly it's a Cub Cadet; read POS. I do lawn work for a living and you could not give me one of those . Good luck with it cause you're going to need it.
Add pictures here
✖

It's the new stuff that needs troubleshooting and re-engineering. If you want it to run reliably buy used ;)
✖
Are you sure it had oil in it?????

Add pictures here
✖