brad nailer, hardwood floor install

I'm about to lay a hardwood floor. Choices include glue or nailing. I have a Milwaukee brad nailer. Will this work or do I really need to rent a flooring nailer?
Add pictures here
✖

I did maple floors with walnut inlays about eight years ago. In some of the spots where I couldn't get a good swing with the nailer, I used a trim nailer, bigger nails than a brad nailer but not so big as a framing nailer and definitely smaller than the nails that come out of a flooring nailer. I've had no problems at all with the floor staying in place and that's with three kids, moving grand pianos across the floors, etc. Keep in mind, however, that the spots where I couldn't swing the hammer are not the highest traffic spots but I don't see any problem with it at all. If this is solid wood flooring, I don't know that you can glue it.
Add pictures here
✖

re: "moving grand pianos across the floors"
How many grand pianos do you own? ;-)
Add pictures here
✖

Depends. How long do you want it to last? Couple of weeks?
Add pictures here
✖
franz frippl wrote:

If you are talking about 3/4" wood, the "nails" used to nail it are serrated cleats. Rent the nailer and use them. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.naildominate.com/ima ges/FN4_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.naildominate.com/products.htm&h $4 &w26&sz&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=OWiB7XgPFcfUTM:&tbnhˆ&tbnw8 &prev=/images%3Fq%3Dflooring%2Bnails%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%2 6sa%3DN
For the boards that have to be face fastened, use countersunk screws and fill hole with face grain plugs (unless you like looking at putty filled nail holes).
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

This link works... http://www.naildominate.com/products.htm
--

dadiOH
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:32:25 +0000, dadiOH wrote:

Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖

It's what baseboard is for - hiding the row of face-nails.
--
Chris Lewis,

✖