Bostitch Nailgun SB-1850BN (air at trigger, does not cycle)

This thing has less than 20 hours and looks brand new (passed warranty). I contacted Stanley/Bostitch and replaced just about every seal this thing has, including the trigger valve. Using 110psi, I press the trigger and air comes out of the trigger but the gun does not fire (cycle). I'm not about to send this to be repaired since I've seen these refurbished for around $50. Any ideas? When I put it away last July, it worked.
On 3/5/2011 11:28 AM, Tomas wrote:

Pardon my ignorance but I was under the impression that pneumatic nail guns only fire when the nose piece is pushed against the surface to be nailed.
TDD

I do not mean to insult but do you have the correct nails?
Also try turning down the pressure a bit. The manual for that model says:
<quote> OPERATING PRESSURE: 70 to 100 p.s.i.g. (4.9 to 7.0 kg/cm2). Select the operating pressure within this range for best fastener performance. DO NOT EXCEED THIS RECOMMENDED OPERATING PRESSURE. </quote>
Colbyt

Just dropping a little oil in the air inlet may not be nough for a gun that has set up for a while. The gun may not be working well enough for the oil to get where it needs to be. Take the gun apart and reassemble replacing parts as needed. Apply oil while its apart.
Jimmie

I decided to tear it down one last time and see if I could find anything obvious or a blockage. I did notice something new: there was a very small "air" tunnel in the top part of the head, near the exhaust? It did not appear to be blocked but I blew it out with compressed air just to be safe. I applied some light oil (already had lube) to some of the o-rings. But this time when I put the piston back in, I just barely put it in. Before I pushed it all the way down. Not sure if that made a difference. I reassembled, crossed my fingers and "bang", it works!
On Saturday, March 5, 2011 11:28:03 AM UTC-6, Tomas wrote: I... replaced just about every seal this thing has... I press the trigger a nd air comes out of the trigger but the gun does not fire (cycle). I just spent 3 hours overhauling my Hitachi NV65AH and it was doing the sam e thing. After dismantling it and reassembling it I realized that the gaske t was blocking the "small air tunnel" as you put it. She works like a charm . Amazing that you can't find much info about these problems on the web tod ay.
So, make sure the exhaust head cover gasket is not blocking the little smal l hole that looks like a screw can go in it (flip the gasket over). Also do n't snap the exhaust valve all the way in or push the cylinder all the way down.
My gun has no air coming out know where
My Bostitch Nailer RN44B has oil and air coming out of the trigger. Can anyone suggest what i should do. I have it torn apart and I don't really see anything wrong.
On 02/05/2016 2:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Order replacement kit...
<http://www.ereplacementparts.com/kittrigger-valve-p-403321.html
I have done all of the above suggestions with my SB 1842bn including repla cement parts,including oiling all the O-rings, cycling the piston by hand, and including checking the air pressure plus having the proper nails, and it still leaks at the trigger. I've gone through the gun three times, makin g sure there are no burrs on the piston shaft. The only thing I can find i s that the piston seems to hang up ever so slightly towards the top of the cylinder. After applying more oil it seems to move fairly well. btw - I'm a former machinist so I know my way around a wrench. Now what do I do? Any h elp would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Have you contacted the company that made the tool, see what their customer service can advise? The one or two times I've done that, I've been very pleased.
My highest respect for TPI brand natural gas leak detectors, who helped me diagnose a bad detector when I called the toll free number. I'd got the unit on Ebay, and they didn't owe me any thing. But they were so completely nice about it. http://www.tequipment.net/TPI720b.asp
--
.
Christopher A. Young