bosch dishwasher question/problem

I bought one of the top models for our new home because we were told that Bosch is the best. If we had it to do over again we would have bought one of the top line models of the Kenmore brand like we had in our other home. The last one we had was very quiet and we never had a problem with it and it never stunk. Our new Bosch dishwasher has a stainless steel interior. This dishwasher is the stinkyness machine I have ever seen. Everytime you open the door the smell coming out of it grosses us out. It stinks even when we use the "rinse and hold" function. We do this because there is not enough dishes for a load, and YES we do scrape and rinse our plates off before putting them in the dishwasher. We called Bosch and they said to pour vinegar in the unit, and that was not a permanent fix for it either. I noticed that there is always a small puddle of water in the bottom of the machine. Do any of you have this stink problem with your Bosch's too, and if so how did you cure it? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Ace

Are you sure the thing is properly installed, with a trap between it and the the rest of your drainage system?

Reply to
default

I don't have a Bosch, but I've never seen a puddle in the bottom of other brands. Talk to the dealer, especially if it is under warranty. IMO, you have a mechanical problem.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Does it smell like really ripe cheese? I have a Bosch, about three years old now, and we had that smell all the time in the beginning. It's gone now and I don't remember how long it lasted. I don't see a puddle at the bottom of the machine so that could be a separate problem.

Reply to
CAStinneford

Mine was great, no smell ever. Got things very clean and was the quitest DW I have ever owned. Something is wrong with yours IMO.

Reply to
Brikp

Is it level? If not level, then the drain may not be the lowest point. Also, have your removed the drain mesh trap and cleaned it? It's quite a fine sieve and debris will clog the small holes on a regular basis, so they need cleaned.. We've been happy with ours.

Reply to
Bill

Yes we have removed the drain mesh trap and screen. It is clean with no stuff in it. The water that I said is always in it is by the pump when you remove the screen. It is in that bottom well that the screen covers. You can not see it puddled in the bottom of the dishwasher, just when you remove the screen and look in the round screen hole. We think that is where the stink is coming from. Thanks again.

Reply to
Ace

I just removed the drain mesh trap and looked in my Bosch. It's also full of water. Must be a U-trap there or something. If so, surely that water changes out with each use.

Reply to
Bill

Hi,

How old? Still under warranty? Model#?

The install has been checked? Make sure a high loop has been used on the drain hose and confirm the drain spout is on the house side of the drain trap.

Correct.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Should be water there...but if your drain hose is not installed so it loops above the highest possible water level in sink before it comes back down into the disposer/p-trap connector, you could be getting too much or even drain water from the sink or disposer back into the dishwasher. Some locales require a vacuum break installed between the d/w and drain connection to prevent this. Also, if you only run it once a week or so, the water there will sour just as it would if you left a sink full of dirty dishwater for a week. Dishwashers and washing machines need to be run often to prevent the residual water from stinking. I've never heard of vinegar being a cure for your problem but it is great for keeping the inside stainless spotfree and your glasses spotfree. Even helps if you also have a water softener.

Reply to
Tom