blown in insulation

Could someone tell me how many inches of insulation is required for R38 factor? Thanks

What are you blowing in? Cellulose/ Fiberglass? Mineral wool? Soy? Check the manufacturer's specifications.
Cellulose

This is Turtle.
I have the Cellulose blown in my attic and I have paid everyday since for it. Afterwards i have to dust atleast every 3 or 4 days and change my filter on the air conditioner every week. The Cellulose has a fine dust that will leak into your house over time and you will see it everywhere. Before I had it blown in i would dust every 2 or 3 weeks and change the filter on the hvac system every 1 to 2 months.
Now it has been in here about 6 or 7 years and the dust has slowed down to about 1/3 as bad now.
I wished i had never did it ! I would use anything but Cellulose blown in insulation.
TURTLE
lindy wrote:

It depends on the material. It should be indicated on the package. You will also note that it depends on how compressed it is.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
It's written on the side of the bag.