Blank-Blank Toilet Bolt Covers

I forgot to put the base for the toilet bolt covers under the nuts!!! Can I remove the nuts and retighten without damaging the flange seal or do I have to pull the pot, put in a new wax ring, etc?
Chris

That's what I would do.
--Vic

Yes, washer on porcelain. The more I think about that, the less I like it. The floor is very solid, shouldn't flex, but a crack would be a "bad thing".
Guess I'll bite the bullet and fix it properly.
On 12/9/2010 12:24 PM, WandererFan wrote:

Just pull the nuts and do what you need to do. Hell, mine doesn't even have any nuts on it. Hasn't had a problem in 3 years. A seal under the toilet shouldn't even be necessary unless the pipe backs up.
--
Steve Barker

Only in Texas.