Birdshit problem.

Page 1 of 2
Any ideas on best way to get rid of birds who love to sit in my live oak and shit all over my car? I'm in an urban area so no shooting at em. Thanks.

If there are no other places to park, get a car cover.

one of them bird actuated sprinklers. You will have to park your car somewhere long enough to get them trained ............
OR
My favorite .............. Fi-Shock (find the basic unit on Google) Good for wandering dogs and cats, too.
Take a pvc pipe. Spiral two wires around it, and tape it every foot or so that the wires do not move. Leave about half an inch gap between the wires. Hook it up to the Fi-Shock.
Any bird landing on the PVC and touching the wires will not return in its lifetime. The other birds will flee upon hearing the distress call of the shocked bird. Be sure to put it where they frequent, and maybe even put a little feeder or suet stick there.
The PVC can be painted brown, and look very inconspicuous with brown coated phone wires going to it.
I love and respect animals. But when they start shitting on my car, it's war.
Steve
Zen Cohen wrote:

Being urban you probably can't use one of those "cannons" which make a lound report, the kind they have at airports. :-) So....
Assuming you can't easily park your car elsewhere, and don't want to cut down a nice tree:
Try fake owls, or....
Get a tree climbing cat?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Chainsaw
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Wrist rocket and ball bearings.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

In my state, that constitutes a firearm.
Not a good way to deal with it or endear one to the neighbors. Those ball bearings gotta come down somewhere. Not a good idea.
Steve

When you miss,the bearing goes somewhere that it might cause damage to others,no different than any firearm round.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Miss?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:30:19 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Bird blunts and a hand bow. Water cannon. Tesla coil. Big fishnets. Giant flypaper.

Jim Yanik did NOT write the above. Bad attributing,sir.

Bird-B-Gone?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yes,I'm sure you are not any Adolph Topperwein of slingshots.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You probably already realized that anyone who would suggest such an idea is not thinking clearly.
Steve

It scares me that he's allegedly a Registered Nurse.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

You guys are rank amateurs. You ought to hear what they say about me in the nursing newsgroups.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:38:18 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Or the flying and scuba diving newsgroups! Chuck
Chuck wrote:

Them too, though I haven't graced the halls of the divers recently. I need to work on my people skills; I'm starting to get a complex.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:04:15 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

No Jay.. I wouldn't say toooo complex!
Chuck wrote:

So who you be? Do I know you? Would you be the insane man who lives next door?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 09:12:23 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Ok.. give ya' several clues
You remember the names.. Rick Springer.. & Tom Daughtry (spellcheck)?