Birds out of satelite dish nose cone

How to keep sparrrows and other birds from nesting in the nose cone of a satelite TV antenna? I tried green nylon screen mesh and a bunch of tape. The pecked away the tape, and got back in.
Shooting is not an option.

Maybe a rubber snake in the dish will keep them away.
--
Scall5

Rubber hawk, wired to the supports? You know, that might work.
Maybe a rubber snake in the dish will keep them away.
--
Scall5

On 10/7/2012 7:08 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

A customer of mine had fake owls on his roof to try to scare the pigeons away from his AC and refrigeration equipment. I climbed up there one day to see a pigeon screwing a rubber owl. ^_^
TDD
At least the pigeon didn't get STD, screwing a rubber, and all.
What did the pigeon say when it went to the doctor for STD? "My pecker is sore".
A customer of mine had fake owls on his roof to try to scare the pigeons away from his AC and refrigeration equipment. I climbed up there one day to see a pigeon screwing a rubber owl. ^_^
TDD
On Oct 6, 9:01am, "Stormin Mormon"

Build them some nesting boxes to lure them away from the antenna. Then shoot them.
Other housing, might be an option. Or, might make it worse. Plenty of trees nearby.
Shooting is not an option.
Build them some nesting boxes to lure them away from the antenna. Then shoot them.
On Oct 6, 9:01am, "Stormin Mormon"

Nylon window screen sounds like the right idea. You just need a better attachment scheme for it. Maybe silicone caulk?

I can't think what a nose cone has that provides nesting. Careful, black screening may have RF conduction, but I'm still wondering about nose cone.
Greg

Me looking around for birds on 85 foot dish.
http://www.zekfrivolous.com/goldstone/sub/26a.jpg
Greg

Wide angle view..
http://www.zekfrivolous.com/goldstone/sub/31.jpg
Greg
That must have been an interesting job. I bet you didn't get to say "fries with that?" very often?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
I can't think what a nose cone has that provides nesting. Careful, black screening may have RF conduction, but I'm still wondering about nose cone.
Greg

You could test black screen. Put in microwave next to glass of water. If you see sparks, or the screen gets warm, no good.
Greg
Might not be useful, compared to satelite dish RF bands.
You could test black screen. Put in microwave next to glass of water. If you see sparks, or the screen gets warm, no good.
Greg
Hadn't thought of that. I did think of big nylon tie straps.
Nylon window screen sounds like the right idea. You just need a better attachment scheme for it. Maybe silicone caulk?

Shock tape. DAGS.
Can't put electrical equipment near a RF Receiver. Too much RF interference.
Shock tape. DAGS.
*** snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Get a satellite dish cover (or "radome" cover)... http://www.dishcamo.com
http://www.cstars.miami.edu/cstars-media/photo-gallery/cstars - construction/installing-radome-cover-on-the-11m-antenna-81
My apologies. I neglected to mention that the dish in question is about 10 foot diameter. The nesting area is a "nose cone" about 8 inch diamater, and about 12 inches long.