Big Boss Water Softener

My GE 11 year old water softener has been giving me problems with the brine draw. I have had the head apart too many times and I usually get it to work for a year or so. Right now it is working, however I suspect the resin will soon clog the flow and I am currently looking at other alternatives.

I see the Big Boss softener has what looks like a unique and simple valving system while other manufacturers use the standard type that I find in my current GE.

I read the comments on

but they are rather old and I am wondering if there are more recent experiences.

Can some of you share your opinions on the Big Boss such as reliability, recurring salt costs, parts availability, etc.?

Geneo

Reply to
Gene West

but they are rather old and I am wondering if there are more recent

We have the WaterBoss 700, which seems to work fine. I cannot say what the salt costs are: we buy bags of Morton pellets at Sam's Club for $4.xx and always keep at least one bag in reserve. In the 5 or 6 years we've had it it has never needed any parts replaced.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy