Big Boss Water Softener

My GE 11 year old water softener has been giving me problems with the brine draw. I have had the head apart too many times and I usually get it to work for a year or so. Right now it is working, however I suspect the resin will soon clog the flow and I am currently looking at other alternatives.
I see the Big Boss softener has what looks like a unique and simple valving system while other manufacturers use the standard type that I find in my current GE.
I read the comments on http://www.doityourself.com/forum/water-softeners-air-filtration-systems/208210-opinions-about-waterboss-water-softeners.html but they are rather old and I am wondering if there are more recent experiences.
Can some of you share your opinions on the Big Boss such as reliability, recurring salt costs, parts availability, etc.?
Geneo
On 11/22/11 12:48 pm, Gene West wrote:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/water-softeners-air-filtration-systems/208210-opinions-about-waterboss-water-softeners.html
We have the WaterBoss 700, which seems to work fine. I cannot say what the salt costs are: we buy bags of Morton pellets at Sam's Club for $4.xx and always keep at least one bag in reserve. In the 5 or 6 years we've had it it has never needed any parts replaced.
Perce