Better low-flush toilets

Page 2 of 2
On 12/10/2010 8:51 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Does she think all the public toilets and hotel toilets are all brand new?
--
Steve Barker

Wow! My little joke bothered you so much you had to reply twice?
Chill out...it's almost Christmas.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

1. Well, the 1.6 gallon tank DOES fill quickly...
2. This illustrates how government agencies work at cross purposes. Follow along:
a. One agency mandates low-flow toilets to save water ("It's for the children"). b. Another encourages everyone to eat more fruits and vegetables.
The latter scheme results in a greater percentage of "floaters" than the previous diet of meats (which resulted in more "sinkers"). It's generally the "floaters" that mandate multiple flushes.
On 12/10/2010 4:15 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Now THERE'S A MAN WHO KNOWS HIS TURDS......
On 12/8/2010 2:12 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Sounds like mine. American standard Champion 4.
I think this is it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQLPXImsHQk

After a year I threw away the plunger.
On 12/8/2010 4:35 PM Tony Miklos spake thus:

That's it! (I remember thinking seeing the box, "yeah, it's a real champ at accepting crap".)

On 12/8/2010 11:12, David Nebenzahl wrote:

One possible benefit is that the cold fill water mixes with the more tepid water reducing the likelihood of tank sweating.

Wow - I think you have hit the nail on the head. I am going to have to see if I can modify one of our frequently used toilets to reduce the summer sweating.
On 12/9/2010 2:09 PM hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net spake thus:

Oh, dear Gott: any civilization that devolves to the point of worrying about its toilet tanks sweating is surely circling the drain like the latter-day Roman Empire ...

Replacing rotting subfloor isn't a fun way to spend a vacation.