Best time to paint the siding

Hi I live in Toronto/Ontario. My house siding is smart panel from home depot

It has not painted at all. I do not know when it was installed but I have been living here for more than 7 years. I would like to know:

1) When it is best time to paint it (winter, spring, summer etc) 2) Which is the best paint I should go with? Type, brand name et 3) Should I use anything before I paint it

Any help would be very much appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
leza wang

Spring into early summer would be my first choice. Early fall is OK too. Temps in the 50s to 70s. Summer, it can get so hot that the paint dries too fast, the surface temp in the sun can be too high, etc. You can paint at lower temps too, down to 40F, but it's easier, better to do at the other times.

For paint, I use Benjamin Moore and have had great results with it. For siding, I'd probably go with a solid stain, instead of paint, unless it's been previously painted. Before painting it should be power washed. I use Jomax, which is a detergent that you combine with water and bleach, spray it on, then power wash off. If it needs prep work, eg loose paint, holes, etc, that's key to a good job.

Reply to
trader_4

Bout time you get off you ass and do some painting. In order to achieve eternal salvation in the afterlife, PAINTING is required!

Paint it in the middle of a snow blizzard on the coldest day of the year....

Beer, whiskey, vodka, gin, rum, marijuana, LSD, cocaine,

You're welcome!

Reply to
Paintedcow