Best mouse pad ever--no charge.

If you still have a "ball" mouse and are tired of cleaning it, just throw out your mouse pad and use a large, old, cloth-bound book. It will stay where you put it, and the old linen cover won't produce lint. I stumbled across this idea out of frustration, and my mouse has worked flawlessly ever since. Clean your mouse ball and rollers first, of course. Use isopropyl alcohol and a Q-tip or toothpick to get the junk off the interior rollers. Never underestimate low high-tech!
i use one for my optical mouse. love it. has a good pattern on it so the mouse works well.
randy

I have a plastic laminate pad that has a fabric-textured look and feel, but it also has some shine. This didn't work well with my newer optical mouse.

In article
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

The "dirt" that accumulates in your mouse doesn't originate from the pad.
It's mostly comprised of airborne dust and shed skin from you.
Changing pads won't alter that.
--
Mark

The truth as I perceive it to be.

Of course, you'll need surgery on your wrist after using something that high off your desk, but hey - knock yourself out.
or, you could take the cover off the book and its profile would be lower than a lot of the high tech pads out there.
again, never underestimate low-tech.

high
or, you could take the cover off the book and its profile would be lower than a lot of the high tech pads out there.
again, never underestimate low-tech.

I did just that. I had a few old books to get rid of so I cut off a cover. Works well.