Best HVAC Units? Trane?

Is there any general consensus as to who makes the most reliable and long lasting HVAC units? I'm looking for a split package AC. Is Trane one of the best? I hear they run forever?

Reply to
RAJ

I just had a new Lennox installed. Terribly noisy, I hate it. Wish I'd gotten something else but I'm in too deep to change now.

Bob

Reply to
RobertM

I've had both Bryant (heat pump_, York (heat pump) and Carrier (AC only) over the years without any serious problems. The only unit I really had problems with (don't remember the make), was an ammonia cycle AC that just had too many moving parts. They are basically a refrigerator. If you can lubricate the fan bearing, all the better, but the last two I've had are sealed units. I have lost refrigerat on one, but it was a problem with sloppy installation. If they do have to open it up, and recharge it, make sure that they install a silca gel moisture trap, or you freeze up the expansion valve.

Reply to
professorpaul

Trane is rated as high as Rheem is, and Rheem is one of the quietest on the market.

Reply to
Noon-Air

In a residential application, I'd put in Rheem long before I'd put in a Trane.

Reply to
gofish

Ironic, ( or perhaps not so ) in that they also used to make drums and other various musical instruments....

Oh--almost forgot:

Blow me, Mike....

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

We have had a TRANE "package" unit for 11 years. It has run well with no major component failures. We will probably replace it in a few years with another, but more efficient TRANE. JD

Reply to
JD

Both my sons are in the HVAC business...and over the years I have learned to listen to them when they "talk" Heating and air conditioning"... According to them there really is not much difference in any of the major brands NOT a single one is more reliable then any other... proper sizing, and proper installation is much more important then the brand...

Just what I hear....and believe.. since they tell their mother the same thing..

Bob G

Reply to
Bob G.

Wow! A red letter day! Fish saying something is better than a Trane. Amazing.

Reply to
HeatMan

Yea..but we got ya beat on the quiet scale...:)

Notice no ones asked what in hell a SPLIT PACKAGE is yet...lol

Reply to
aka-SBM