Best HVAC Units? Trane?

Is there any general consensus as to who makes the most reliable and long lasting HVAC units? I'm looking for a split package AC. Is Trane one of the best? I hear they run forever?

I just had a new Lennox installed. Terribly noisy, I hate it. Wish I'd gotten something else but I'm in too deep to change now.
Bob
I've had both Bryant (heat pump_, York (heat pump) and Carrier (AC only) over the years without any serious problems. The only unit I really had problems with (don't remember the make), was an ammonia cycle AC that just had too many moving parts. They are basically a refrigerator. If you can lubricate the fan bearing, all the better, but the last two I've had are sealed units. I have lost refrigerat on one, but it was a problem with sloppy installation. If they do have to open it up, and recharge it, make sure that they install a silca gel moisture trap, or you freeze up the expansion valve.
Trane is rated as high as Rheem is, and Rheem is one of the quietest on the market.

In a residential application, I'd put in Rheem long before I'd put in a Trane.

Ironic, ( or perhaps not so ) in that they also used to make drums and other various musical instruments....
Oh--almost forgot:
Blow me, Mike....
--
SVL

We have had a TRANE "package" unit for 11 years. It has run well with no major component failures. We will probably replace it in a few years with another, but more efficient TRANE. JD

Both my sons are in the HVAC business...and over the years I have learned to listen to them when they "talk" Heating and air conditioning"... According to them there really is not much difference in any of the major brands NOT a single one is more reliable then any other... proper sizing, and proper installation is much more important then the brand...
Just what I hear....and believe.. since they tell their mother the same thing..
Bob G