Best finish for exterior steel stairs

The stairs are similar to those in the left photo here:
http://americansteelonline.com/stair-steel.htm
The four stairs connect a kitchen door to ground level. Foot traffic is fairly light, mainly one adult.
Over the decades they have been in place they developed some deep rust pockets. (No part of the stairs or landing has actually rusted through.) I first powerwashed everything and then scraped with a putty knife. Finally, I removed most of the remaining rust with several applications of Naval Jelly.
I'm looking for recommendations for finish primer and topcoat. Rust Oleum makes oil-based primers and finishes for such use. Any better products out there?
Thanks,
Ray

Rustoleum is as good as anything I've ever used for that type of job. The key to longevity is detailed prep. You seem to have that part covered.
Ray K wrote:

My problem with using RustOleum is it's very long dry time - up to a week in some cases. Might be a problem on stairs you need to walk on before it hardens. Other than that, it's a pretty good product.
Red