Bees in cinder block wall

In article , NOPSAMmm2005 @bigfoot.com says... :) >fast enough .. and chill .. im NOT going to kill the lizards :) :) I thought you sprayed poison at them. :) :) his spray didn't kill the bees so it is supposed to kill a higher life form that feeds on un-effected bees?

Reply to
Lar

So said I of the yellowjacket nest under my front door concrete landing. That is until I received a notice from the mailman, no deliveries if I don't get rid of 'em. The nest was in a place no mechanical device nor chemical warfare could reach.

My solution was to whack them with a cheap badminton racquet. Best fun I ever had. They were easy to hit midflight. They were cut so cleanly and completely they never had a chance to send out any warning signals. None tried to defend the nest or to attack me. No noxious chemicals. Dead YJs fed the ants. Half an hour of swatting was enough to clear YJs for the day. The only development I noticed was on the third day the yellowjackets seem to be somewhat smarter and did fancy midflight maneuvers to avoid the racquet. Didn't save them. By the fourth day there weren't enough around to swat. I think the nest died of starvation. The other observtion was that no YJs ever went anywhere near the landing again. This "smell of death" may be inherent in an abandoned nest. Pderhaps someone can test this theory by putting an abandoned nest next to a live one.

Reply to
ppp

replying to Al Bundy, bw ave wrote: wow.. you're kinda a jerk arent you.

Reply to
bw ave

replying to Tom The Great, bw ave wrote: It would, however, be humane to get them out first, as much as you can. wow the number of people on here who don't hesitate to killl them and actually also seem to take pleasure in it....unbelievable...are you all rednecks or what?

Reply to
bw ave

replying to bw ave, Bobby wrote: He/ my kinda guy. Bees CAN kill you

Reply to
Bobby

So Al killed a few bees, so what!  Did you ever consider the billions of bees that are killed by the toxic pesticides being sprayed by Big Ag Inc?

A few more years and all bugs will be dead anyway.

Reply to
Jed Clampit

Yee-haw, ya' got that right, twinkie-boi snowflake...

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?

Reply to
Travis Bickle