Battery replacement for 18V Portable Drills.

It has been my experience that only one of the 16 cells in the battery pack have failed when the battery pack fails.
I've been robbing cells from other packs to keep my best pack going.
That's ok, but I hated adding less powerful cells to my better packs so decided to order some powerful new 1.2 V cells that are even better than what they replace. I got them at
http://www.batterystation.com /
DKid.
Wouldn't it be easier to just use corded tools?
jiml wrote:

And you really expect us to believe that you've got no affiliation with "batterystation.com"?
I was born at night, but not LAST night.
Besides, it's rarely worth the effort to replace one failed cell in a pack. The others haven't much longer to live.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
My manager just told me that sales have more than doubled since he posted that newsgroup message.
http://www.batterystation.com/ has the solder tabs at no extra charge. You just have to ask for them when you order.
$39 for a new pack vs $2.20 for a new cell plus 5 minutes worth of soldering. It's a no-brainer for me.
JimL
On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:18:30 -0400, Jeff Wisnia

Sales must have been pretty dismal to start with.
Guys like me, who are both annoyed at spam and have numerous battery packs littered throughout the house, will not buy from someone who puts that misleading crap on a newsgroup. In fact, I don't mind spending a couple extra bucks, if it means I don't have to support someone who not only spams, but lies at the same damn time.

You can save even more money by not running your batteries down all the way. That's what kills one cell while leaving the rest healthy. You can also save money on soldering irons and solder, as well as time trying to figure out how the hell to open a battery pack.
By the way, the electronics joint down the street has them for just over a buck each, and I don't even have to pay for shipping or spamming.
Pagan

Your place has sub c nicads or nihm for a buck a shot? WTF? That's a great price. They gotta web site? Pat
all you folks that pay big bucks for 18V cordless batteries are NUTS!
you should have researched the replacement battery price BEFORE buying the tool
that is why I use 18V Ryobi tools, a 2-pack of batteries is $39 !!!
most of you pay $75+ for a single 18V battery!
I feel sorry for the folks that waste all their money on poor choices from rip-off companies
RYOBI rocks!
cowboy wrote:

Ryobi is your first choice in tools? All 18v batteries are the same? No one knows about eBay?

Your opinion. Too many problems other than just batteries. Ryobi SUCKS

Ryobi blows.
If you'd done any research into the actual tool, instead of the cost of batteries (which will last years and years if properly cared for) you'd know this.
You should quit using shit tools. Buy Dewalt or Bosch, and suck up the cost of a couple batteries.
Pagan