Battery operated weed trimmers

15 min a week usage, get gas, you will be lucky to make it through 15 minutes. , they dont have much power. No battery should be left charging unless charger automaticly shuts off.
Reply to
m Ransley

I would welcome any advise on batt operated weed trimmers. Best brands? Those to steer clear of etc. What features to look for etc. Would be used on a small yard,only used 15-20 min every week or so. Also,is it recommended that they be left on charge all the time they are not being used? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!Thanx!!

Reply to
Batman

I had a battery powered Ryobi weed trimmer a few years ago. It worked very well. It could handle a lot more than 15-20 minutes and had plenty of power. It came with a wall-mountable storage rack that had a charger in it, and the trimmer stayed on the charger all the time. I would definitely buy another one. It was less hassle, noise and smell than a gas trimmer and had no power cord to drag all over the lawn.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

My wife loves our Homelite. It replaced a B&D that was POS.

Reply to
toller

or electric. they are lighter & if you don't need to travel far from an outlet, It be wise for an older person. gas ones can be tough to start.

-- > 15 min a week usage, get gas, you will be lucky to make it through 15

Reply to
longshot

Two or three years ago I bought a three piece Black&Decker set. It has a trimmer, leaf blower and a hedge shears. Came with three 18V batteries and a three station charger.

That was one the bet best things I have ever bought. I almost bought the 12V weed trimmer before I saw the set. I knew I was pushing it with a

12V trimmer. The 18V ones do a great job. I have a good size yard and I generally get a couple of trims with one battery charge. In any case I have two other batteries waiting if I need them.

It is not as powerful as my old gas trimmer, but I don't need to trim twigs, I only need it for grass and some light weeds. I recommend it form most home uses.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I have two Black & Decker Grass hogs. Love 'em. The grass hog is the perfect tool for your application.

How'd I end up with two? I dated a woman who had one, liked it, bought myself one, then married the woman...

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

I have a Homelite that came with separate hedge trimmer and (2) 18V batteries. The hedge trimmer works fine. But with the string trimmer, grass jams in and winds around the shaft above the string unit, dragging down speed and battery life.

Reply to
David Efflandt

Love over a trimmer. How sweet. :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I'll bet his weed gets wacked on a regular basis now........

Bob Urz

Maybe the new ones are better then my old 20yr Toro, Plus mine has a lead acid battery a problem to change.

Reply to
m Ransley

Care to divulge the size of your good yard?

Reply to
yaofeng

Just under a half acre.

Reply to