bathroom faucet replacement

My girlfriend purchased replacement bathroom faucets for her house - the part that goes on the top of the sink - the replacement faucets do not include the stopper portion of the assembly - the part that goes on the bottom of the basin - do we have to buy these units as one complete assembly, or can we get separates, somewhere? (She's got an eBay habit for this type of stuff . .. )

Reply to
Texas Yankee

Well if you need the drain fittings, they are available in a number or quality grades from most any hardware or plumbing supply.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Whatever she saved on eBay, she's gonna lose driving all over town for the missing parts. Will this make an impression on her at all?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Can't you connect the new faucet to the old drain thingy? If not, what is missing?

Usually there is a metal stick headed to the wall and coming out of the drain a couple inches below the sink, and there is a handle between the two handles of the faucet that is part of a rod that connects to the metal stick.

I don't know what they do with single handle faucets, but it seems you don't have one.

mm

Yes, you need "drain trap assembly" (stopper, drain, draintail)

im sure you could use the old trap..(where the drain tail goes into)

Reply to
wannabe