Bathroom bulb replacement

I need to replace the bulb in a bathroom light.

The problem is that I do not kow how to remove the bulb.

It is a cylindrical white glass piece about 40cm long and 3cm diamete attached to a plastic back which is fixed to the wall. The pull cor comes out of the plastic back.

Not knowing how the glass is attached to the back I don't want to pul too much in case I brake something.

It does not seem to be like shaver light, there are no contacts at th ends and there is not plasctic casing covering the bulb.

Perhaps this description is enough for someone to guide me. Otherwise I will post a pic later.

Thanks,

Antoni

-- asalcedo

Reply to
asalcedo

Sounds like either a small fl tube or a filament striplight. With the latter, push it to one end and the other end lifts out. Watch those end contacts when replacing, if you touch the exposed end you can get a mains shock in some cases. Its a historic design.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

...And with the former, see if there's a slot on each "clip" that holds the tube in place, if so, try gently trying to rotate the tube through

90 degrees, so that the two pins on each side of the tube rotate into alignment with the slot, allowing the tube to be withdrawn.
Reply to
Mike Dodd