Bathroom door

They're called pocket doors.

RicodJour

They are called pocket doors. They aren't hard to remove you just need to take the trim off of one side so that it can be lifted and tilted out so the rollers will disengage. I don't know how your set is but the last one I worked on swung away from the J channel that the rollers hang from.

Good luck, Rich

Reply to
Yepp

In our bedroom we have a bathroom with a door that slides into the wall. I don't know what they are called but our door is getting difficult to slide and it makes a noise sometimes when opened. I have sprayed the rollers several times with oil but it doesn't last. Are they difficult to remove? I would like to replace the rollers and clean out the space between the walls. Our condo is about 20 yeas old.

Reply to
Edward Grant

You'll have to remove the top jamb/casing on one side of your pocket door frame to get access to the rollers and support brackets. Once done, the rollers are generally removed by unlocking the stud that protrudes from them and goes to the top of the door. Once unlocked, they just slide out of the fixture on the door.

To remove the door from the pocket you'll probably have to remove one side of the vertical jamb/casing nearest the opening.

Replacing the rollers may not be possible as your door is 20 years old and the rollers must be made for the track. Replacing the track itself could be a *major* PITA necessitating removing/rebuilding the wall.

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH